Need an opinion

I am looking for a new boat, but need to fish a wide range of tactics with it. I need a boat that will handle winter fishing the Niagara, spring, fall, and winter walleyes in waters like the Black River, and summer salmon and walleye in Lake Ontario.

I am looking for a model that can incorporate big john planers, downriggers, a kicker motor, walkthrough windshield, bow mounted trolling motor, and a bimini top.

I know I am asking alot from one boat and will be sacrificing a little bit in each catergory but, does anyone own or know of a make/model they prefer over others?

Any help is appreciated!

My brother had a Starcraft SuperFisherman 20'er that fit that bill, great boat for all seasons. He traded up for a 24' Trophy and I didn't have the $$$ to buy his Starcraft or I would have. There are a number of other similar boats out there (aluminum V-hulls) but I think you'll find Starcraft is the way to go.

DAN

You may want to look at a Smokercraft-model...Ultima 17'-6" or 19' would be fansastic, my bother bought the 17' -6"last year and it is a dream to fish out of. 90 Yamaha 4 stroke. He looked at the Starcraft as well and it seemed like alot of the same boat for a few thousand less...

I will second the Smokercraft Ultima 19. I have had mine for three years now and absolutly love the boat. I live in Massachusetts and fish mostly the smaller lakes south of Boston and on Cape Cod. I trailer my boat to the Niagara Bar in May, the Oak in July/August and then Fair Haven the end of August. Great trailerability. The only thing is I wish the bow was a little deeper for the bigger waves over four footers on the big lake. I have had it out in six's without issue but now call it quits when they get larger than the three foot mark. It just is not comfortible (sp) fishing.

Good luck, I love boat shopping

Richard