Sodus 6/29 Evening Report

Had the opportunity to get out after work until sundown last night. Headed north out of the channel to 130ft and worked that to 170 ft. Went 0-2 off the riggers. The 2nd nearly spooled all the line off - couldn't slow him down. Tightened up the drag just a little bit and pop, took everything with him below the swivel... a chrome/green e-chip with a howie fly, and a NK glow froggy slider. I have to beleive he went after the slider. I had to do alot of reeling to catch up to him. If somebody else catches him, there may be a bonus :lol:

These were the first hit from a kings that we have taken on our boat after 2+ years of trying this. Felt really good, and was definitely worth the trip out, even if we didn't get anything to the boat.

anewton.... what channel do you monitor? I was out friday and saturday, wish I would have known you were out! It gets kinda lonely out of sodus in the evenings... not sure why no one fished in the evening... we have some of our best luck then! There was a NASTY current friday night, that may be part of why you were spooled, your top speed may have been right but your bottom speed may have been zippin making it that much harder to stop the fish.

Nick

We were the ones cutting you off in the 20' trophy. I'm pretty sure that was you at least. Sorry about that. We were having major kicker motor problems and were without power off and on.

Nick

Friday night we were having trouble with the kicker, so I couldn't get down below 3mph...

We did managed to hit 3 small kings and one real nice laker. The kings came on the riggers on free sliding green alewives. The laker came on a dipsey out 300' #2 setting with a green protroll(small size) and green fly.

Saturday after I got the kicker jerry rigged, we did a lot better. We couldn't hit any big boys, but managed 4 10lbers and a lot of misses. The trick was getting your speed right, it was a weekend where I really wish I had a probe for speed at the ball. Saturday's stuff came all over the place on all different things... no set pattern, but green lures were hotter than non green. Took fish down 50', 70' and 100'. Dipseys out 300, and 200 both got hit. But again there was a nasty current and I had trouble keeping my speed right. Then the wind switched directions and things shut down for me.

Nick

Hey Yankee... not so good news for keeping up with the fishing. It's bumming me out... but I gotta do it. I'm pretty sure I just sold the boat this afternoon. I didn't think I would sell it so fast. :(

Good luck this coming weekend in Oswego. I'll see you in a few at Sodus.