Three (3) Rods

Some people are fortunate enough to use this message board as a tool to gain knowlege in areas they lack experience or knowledge. :yes:

Some people don't or can't.

Takes all kinds I guess.

Fact is, this is a good place for new guys to get help and thats what it's all about.

Fortunatley, most guys would come on this board and say "hey guys why is this happening".

Then they would pick up some techniques to maybe help them out and become better fishermen or sportsmen in general.

Glen

Your right Glen. Check the lines regularly, Sharp hooks. I use blacks, the four or five tight warps and a couple loose ones gives you a long enough tag end to show shakers. They swim away when released :yes:

I fish Lake Michigan. Yes there is a 3 rod limit. Now there is a 5 Salmon limit, up from 3. The fish are smaller due to the forage base being eaten up by all of the Salmon. I usually always run a minimum of 6 rods. If I have more that 2 in the boat and the fishing is good I usually can't get more than 6 rods in the water. When I am running 9 or 12 rods usually I am searching for fish and it is slow.

Look at the good job the DNR did with the fish to forage stocking ratio. Can't keep 6 rods in the water!!Fishin's great

I remember you saying a while back somthing like this: Thanks to my rod guys for doing a good job of running the back of the boat so I could stay up front & fish. Here's a sugestion. Have your boat instrumentation & autopilot wired by internet to your home PC. You could fish from home. Get a headset a joy stick & monitors & run the ship from the comfort of your own home. I'm sure the tech is available & if not , why not develop it?Not stopping at any expence to have the latest & greatest , this should be for you. You could comand your rodmen from your house. Just trying to help out.

Think of the fun you could have by not driving 530 mile round trip. Get those electri reels & wire them also & play the fish from home.

I have read a lot of info on a lot of things on here. But for a few tips here & there, it's stuff I already found out myself or already know . If I don't I ask. 33 years on the Big O and thousands of hours& dollars taught me a little somthing. There was a time when I had to catch every fish in the lake, but I grew up , Spoonfed, You do great, better than most, and you want more. And I'm about sick of your whinning that you aint getting enough .And blaming the state that gives you this great experience they need to do more .

Not wanting to let you guys down , heres your baseball reference. I coached an awfull lot of kids & now young men lately & have seen all kinds. The worst ones were the ones who had all the tallent, best atheletes, latest & best equipment. Thought they were the best, better than the team and played that way. When they struck out, made an error , got thrown out in a close play by stretching it etc. , this is how they came back to the dugout. They would throw the bat, swear, blame the ump,blame field condtitions, blame their teamates or coaches . Only knowing you from on here Spoonfed, thats you.

The best are the ones who do their best, positve attitude, good teamates & when they make an error or have a bad day, take responsibilty, keep their head up & realize that somtimes you strike out , it's part of the game & learning process.

My job on here is to question what I don't think is right. Sombody has to have the guts to .

Oink, Oink .

My job on here is to question what I don't think is right.

So you come on LOU just to argue Has Been ? That's how I read your statement.....not that we didn't all know that anyway. Everyone here would be better served ignoring you (like I "usually" do). You'd just go away cause you'd get bored talking to yourself..... and LOU would be a better place.

Your a beauty all right.

And by the way I don't quite get the corelation between all that jibbrish you just spewed and running a third rod.

Please stick to the topic.

Tangle Factor

Thanks for posting that fact about the extra rod use for searching for fish. That fact has been presented in this debate more than once in the past. It was ignored and disregarded as nonsense by those who know more than everybody else.

Glen

Is anyone aware of where the Three Rod Legislation is at this time ? Hopefully, We don't have to start the process all over again .?.

I think this was the original question but correct me if I'm wrong. As a matter of fact I didn't even see anything in that question that warrant's the continued bashing that's going on and how far off topic it's become. All involved know it's strictly against site policy as well.

With that said consider this a friendly and only warning. ;)

L& M you are correct& again I humbly apologize. I have pointed out many credible reasons over the past year or so as to why I disagree with the proposed legislative changes , Michigans mismanaged situation(see above) the latest nay. I have seen good years & I have seen bad.Real bad . It's pretty darn good now.One of the very best on the planet & its in our backyard. Lets keep it that way. My point has been made.

No I do not come on to argue although most times I feel I have no choice.Admitidly I can be a "little" sarcastic. . I come to share ideas & help out my fellow angler on skills (feel I have done a pretty good job of that) & do what I think is in the best interest of the fishery for the long term future. I'm very worried about the evolution of this. Seen from the begining to now. Lived it& for it . Some say " Whats the Harm" ? I say it could be a lot& not worth the risk . Be happy for what we have.

Reading this 3 rod epic I have come to realize how dangerous cabin fever is and how it can turn us into aggressive whatevers. We will soon need that third maybe even a fourth rod to break them on each others skull. I suggest we all should go ice fishing with 5 ,yes Hasbeen, 5 legal tip ups and a rod. Unless of course you only want to use one tip up in which case I will ask you to set out 5 anyway so I can take care of the other 4 that are on your license.

5 tip ups and 2 handlines per person and the fish populations are just fine.

Absolutely no problem w/ the 5 tipups , in fact when I went I used 5 when they were deployed. But I mainly jigged for panfish for a meal, so I wanted to stay mobile. Besides , releasing the pike caught thru the ice does minimal damage to them IMO . Not being pulled up from 100 ' down and dragged back to the boat out of their prefered temp range.

Yo , Fishtails. You have to admit, I have provided you guys with a fair amount of entertainment on this site. A lesser man would have deserted by now. Some of you guys don't seem to be use to someone questioning your views. And get down right ornery when they do.If you want to ignore me , that's fine.

I just want to know if you run one line or two when you fish. If there are more than one person on your boat, do you still just run one line for all of you? Based on everything you've said, I'm assuming you only run 1 line per boat. Anything more than that would be exploiting the fishery. Just a simple answer will be fine. I don't need a long explanation or T-ball comparison or anything. How many lines?