anyone ever see this picture??

fredlangmuskie.jpg

i saw this on nyfisherman.net...even though it was 7 years ago it kind of sucks that such a nice fish was wasted on a walleye fisherman (no offense) so of course this thing was not returned to the water but instead made a trip to the local taxidermist...there are guys who spend years on the water for a fish like this and this **** happens ot stumble on one and the first thing he does is kill it

Most of us musky guys have seen that pic and 100's just like them. Fish get killed, its just a matter of fact. I try to not kill them even though I had a fish die on me in Sept. Second time it ever happened to me in 17 years of musky fishing. How many swan away that we released died a day or two later? I used to freak out every time I saw a musky killed but have sort of chilled out on that as every person has the RIGHT to keep a legal fish if they choose during the harvest season. Sucks but thats the way the laws are wrote. Yes most people release 100% of their fish as I try to do but don't go freaking out about people killing fish from places you don't even fish. I used to and it got me no where. Do your best to educate people and your best to release your fish but things can still go wrong. Most big fish attack the bait very violently from my experiences which can lead to having to cut hooks and a longer time trying to release that fish. In a perfect world no one would kill our muskies but just remember how far we have come. When I started musky fishing- man you should have seen all the dead fish I saw everywhere from Chautauqua, Waneta to the Georgian Bay. We have some a long way and fishing is better than ever so let's just enjoy that, try to educate others and just have a good time. Why do we honestly care if someone kills a fish from a place we don't fish other than the fear that someone might do that to "our" lake? Doesn't really effect you directly unless you fish the same waters. Just my $0.02. Gotta love winter time and the same discussions we have year after year. Take care and stay warm guys!

This is a good fishing buddy of mine. He caught it on ten pound test line and he registered it and it is a line class record. It is mounted and hangs in his home. He is a good man and only fishes for food for the table, some walleye but mostly perch. No contests either for him.