OPEN INVITE AGAIN and oak report

nothing i got food coors light and some water and every thing needed all for the price of free all ya gotta do is show up . you can call my cell anytime during the night that im fishing (after i post invite ) ....well as for today i was on water at 4:30am, steady 3to4 ft chop (yea)till 11:00 slow morning 3 landed 10lb biggest,lost 3 and had several short hitsand a bunch of dinks ..sorta tuff to change lures alone so i had to dragwhat i put out with the wind, tom (2 rods)called as i was tying a loop in a Siggs Riggs green hypnotist to go behind a mtn dew spin dctr as i was putting it out it went off in my hand130ft on wire over 120ft water 3 miles west of port (johnson creek)nice 10 lb choho,they liked the long lines ,lead and wire,did three doubles in 1 hr all from the same 10lb mold , sliders were good just about everything was working heading eastlemon ice,pur/pink, tamiron honeybee sliderthat run 3miles west of the wall going east was great the down temp went from 65ft 40deg to 50 ft 40 deg by 4pm ,1pm to4pm,was a hot coho bite then the browns and bows showed up ,i think the full moon slowed the am bite . oh first light i saw wounded sawbellies every where so did the sea gulls,it was a poopy start that turned good if i wasnt so tired i think a good king bite could of happened the last 3 hrs of daylight,had one big boy hit as i was ending the day almost spooled my lead rod,then it got free. i think it was a big brown as it just kept dogging out slow not ripping like a king dont know where the big boys went today pretty good day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>............

Ray,

I wish I had checked the LO message board earlier in the evening, we would have loved to add a few extra rods to your spread. We were learly about going out sunday morning in our little boat and it proved too much for us, so the wife put me to work for the day.... :(

We had the boat in the water about 5 minutes at sandy creek and turned around as soon as we saw the waves :shock:

next time I, and my father, would love to hitch a ride, anywhere in western Monroe or orleans county. heck, we'll even pay for gas.

Ray

My name is Vic Rowcliffe and my dad and I fish out of the Oak whenever we can. We were out last sunday. I think your estimate of 3-4 foot waves may be a little conservative. You know it is rough when you go down in a trough and cannot see the horizon.

In response to your open invite, would love to give you a shout on the radio. Our boat name is the Nina. I am a weekend warrior and time to fish is somewhat limited, so anytime we can coordinate efforts on finding fish would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vic Rowcliffe

vic its a macho thing to underestamate waves at 4;30 they were a little more sporty(more macho talk),if you get out soon that school of cohos was 2 miles long west 3 miles they didnt start playing good till 1pm which has been my best fishing window so far this year with the exception of spring olcott fishing,so why on the water at 0430 you ask ,well i like to see the sunrise more important the seagulls can teach you a lot about where the night feeding was happening the early gull gets the wounded baitfish which are less than 1/2 mile from the fishies that wounded them ,mother natures finest fishfinder,ive never saw as many wounded bait as i did sunday it was like feeding seagulls fries in a mcdonalds parking lot for the first 45 min then they were gone (the birds)by5;30 if when im headind out at 430 and the breakwall ant got no seagulls sitting on it they be out there filling up on wounded bait..find them and you know the rest...........be one with the birds till they s#%% on ya then ya shoot em........

reading yesterday report attheoak sounds like that big school is out front heading towards sandy creek by tomorrow the modis imagery is looking pretty good if this south blow and storms dont mix it up again.tom 2 rods if you can get outa the laker mindset ya might head out there in the next couple days ...

Ray, Sounds like you have them pretty well figured out (at least for now). I am headed out on Friday with group of 4, I am going to watch tomorrows report but will most likely head east and see what we can find. Good luck this weekend! Jim