Lodging

Glen,

Check with the State Park at Taughannock, Not sure if they rent the cabins in the offseason. Not sure if the Inn just before the park has rooms. This motel or hotel is the close, it's at the south end of the lake on the west side.

The Inn @ City Lights (2) -

* Info

theinnatcitylights.com

(607) 227-3003 -

* 1319 Mecklenburg Rd, Ithaca, NY

Hello Glen.

I spent a few weekends at the Taughannock Farm Inn. It is within easy walking distance of the launch. It is a beautiful and very friendly place which your wife will also love to stay at. I spent my 30th wedding anniversary at the Inn. Too bad they are closed for the season.they will open on April 8th

http://www.t-farms.com/

good luck fishing.

Hay Glen do you do any fishing at Quabbin reservior

Used to fish the Landlocks a few times a year and Bass a couple times during the summer.

Really enjoyed it.

Now you have to have the bottom of the boat pressure steam cleaned by the State and they put a seal on your boat.

You can't use your boat anywhere else or you have to pay and go through the steam cleaning again.

That pretty much marked an end to my Quabbin fishing.

Hopeing to get out there for some Cayuga or Seneca LL.

You been there biglaker?

Never mind just saw your homeport listing. ;)

Back when I lived in Belchertown I used to fish the Quabbin but that was back in the eighties! Hey Glen when are you gonna be out here? -Andy

Hard to say Andy.

All depends on the weather.

Hopefully looking at 2 or 3 weeks.

Hi Glen

I go to the Quabbin all the time, for lakers and LL Got a boat just for there.....

Very nice.

I got a couple friends that keep boats just for Quabbin.

Haven't made it out there for a couple years now. Been heading up to the Big Lake pretty much every weekend.

We'll see how that goes this year as the gas prices are supposed to get real high.

Hi Glen

I go to the Quabbin all the time, for lakers and LL Got a boat just for there.....

Very nice.

I got a couple friends that keep boats just for Quabbin.

Haven't made it out there for a couple years now. Been heading up to the Big Lake pretty much every weekend.

We'll see how that goes this year as the gas prices are supposed to get real high.

As for gas prices. Doesn't Ma. have a system where you don't have to pay fuel taxes,or at least get them back, as long as you don't use that fuel for traveling on the roads?

Whenever I go back to Hubbardston I swing by the Wachussetts reservoir and do some fishing near the bridge on Sterling street just south of Clinton.

Not aware of that one Cornelis.

Possible, but if so it wouldn't apply to my fuel purchased in NY for my boat thats kept in NY.

I know the friggin Governer wanted to raise the gas to to the second highest in the Nation.

He got stiffled on that and then reelected :(

I know of a guy that fished Wachussett a couple months ago. Said he was overrun by ticks walking around fishing there.

Said they were terrible.

Check this out:

http://www.americanboating.org/fueltax. ... sachusetts

below is the paper work.

http://www.mass.gov/Ador/docs/dor/Forms ... /GT_9M.pdf

Add to that the lesser price for fuel in MA and you might save yourself a pretty penny.

Just load a few five gallon jugs in the back of your Pickup every time you make the trip. You might even want to just fill up your truck and use the receipts you get from that gas. As long as the amount of gas is the same as the amount you use in your boat. 8)8)8)