TOURNAMENT - Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament - June 23rd

Next Chautauqua Cash Tourney will be June 23rd,2012.The Tourney will be $40 per Fishermen.(Full Field 100 Fishermen,Notice: Tourney Field will be allowed to go behond 100,but prize structure will stay as set at 100),***NEW PAYOUT STRUCTURE:***1st Place $800,2nd Place $500,3rd Place $400,4th Place $300,5th Place $200,and Most Muskies Caught By One Entrant $300(total Inches will used for most muskies caught if there is a tie),with the remaining $1500(and Entry Fees Behond 100) going to the Bait Fish Fund!This will be based on the 5 Longest Muskies caught & released,each fishermen can only enter 1 fish,size must be exact,their Longest!Then those longest muskies caught can be added with other muskies caught by any One Contestant to Win Most Muskies Caught Prize! or maybe someone with the most muskies caught might not even make in the top five fish with any of their fish,but still have the Most Muskies Caught to Win! Photo must be taken with pin on Tourney Button visable in picture for Entry to count toward prizes.Tourney Button will be mailed to you 5 days before the Tourney along with Release Form or can be picked up from 6:00 am to 9:00 am on June 23rd at Mayville Launch.Witness of your release form can be by anyone else in the Tourney.Picture of musky with Tourney Button for prizes can be show from your cell phone or camera to me when you turn in your Release Form.Release Forms must be turned in by 6:00 pm to count for the Prizes,bring them to Mayville Town Park.Tourney fishing hours at Midnight Friday June 22nd to 5:00 pm June 23rd! There will be a 1/4 Chicken BQ with potato salad & baked beens starting at 5:00 pm.We will have a 50/50 Raffle & Lure Raffle Table.We will use Mayville Town Park for the Awards Presentation,we will use the green shelter.You may launch from anywhere on the lake,other launches are Long Point State Park,Prendergast,Bemus Point & Celeron!

Donations to the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund are much appreciated as well!(Notice): ******Early Signup Drawings,In by December 31st--Four Beckman Magnum Finsaver Nets given out,In by January 31st for Drawing of Two St.Croix 9' Big Nasty Rods(those in by December 31st included in drawing),In by Febuary 29th for Drawing for Kwik-Fill $300 Gasoline Certificate(those in by December 31st & January 31st included in drawing.)******Early signup shows those sitting on the outside looking that there will be a full field of contestants,so easier to get a larger field,goal this year is 175 Entrants!Make checks out to Mostly Muskies and mail to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223.

You may also submit payment online via PayPal by clicking on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=mostlymuskies%40verizon%2enet&lc=US&item_name=Chautauqua%20Musky%20Tournament%20%2d%20Entry%20Fee%20%28One%20Time%20Payment%29&amount=40%2e00&currency_code=USD&button_subtype=products&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF%3abtn_buynowCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest

*June 23rd Is New York State Free Fishing Day--No License Needed*

***NOTICE: AWARDS PRESENTATION IS AT MAYVILLE TOWN PARK & LAUNCH***Please Join Us For The Awards,Raffles at 6:00 pm and Food Served 5:00 pm till 7:30 pm!

Capt.Larry 716-432-0198

Last years tournament winning fish:

1st Place

Mark_Winner.jpg

2nd Place

Brooke_Two.jpg

3rd Place

3rd_Place.jpg

Hope to see you there!

Capt. Larry

716-432-0198

• 2 weeks later...

Ronix- You'd have to fight my girlfriend for a spot in my boat. What is tournament experience like? It gives us goofy people a reason to fish even harder than we normally do. It's fun unless Solgrande comes in to where you are fishing and immediately nails a 45" on a bait you just sold him the night before in a spot you've been already over 2 or 3x in the past hour. That is a little tough to deal with. That's why he is a "marked" man for this year! Remember Solgrande- I'll be watching you, even when you can't see me, I'll be watching you. Zach "Eyeballs" Baker

Zach, Just make yourself Two of the Same,one for each side of the boat,CPR Twice as many as Bob! I'll need One Bait from you for a Raffle Table to Support the Bait Fish Fund at the Lure Swap. Anyone wanting to Signup for the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament for the Early Draw of (4) Four Beckman Magnum Finsaver Nets must get in by April 1st, you can signup at Musky Road Rules / Lure Swap!

Capt. Larry

Larry I am just a few days away. I am waiting on hooks, split rings and screw eyes and then I will get you a few. Think If I give you them at Road Rules thats cool? I have a few nice ones that may bring a dollar or two in. I thought I would be ready for 3/1. I have like 70 new painted baits all finned out ready to cleared as soon as I get my hardware. May get it today in the mail. My painting has gotten so much better than the ones I brought to PA last month. I am on a roll and the only that I feel can stop me now is me. I will post some pics when they are finished and let you guys pick the ones that look the best for the auction. Larry, remember I have a few BM Shads by Bob M from Ohio. He donated these and told me to put them in the next ebay auction. I really need to do that for him. I promised I would.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ronix, There is no limit of how many persons are in a boat. Each person in the boat has to be in the Tourney. Tourney Entrants from the same boat can sign the witness part of the Release Form for any Tourney Entrants Musky Catch & Release.A picture must be taken of the Tourney Entrant holding the Musky with the Tourney Button showing on shirt collar,sleave etc..,can be on cell phone or camera to be show when Release Form is turned in.

I have not added Sponcers so far for the same reason the Tourney is stand alone from any one club or organization,the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament is by muskie fishermen for muskie fishermen, with all of us muskie fishermen giving back to the muskie fisheries through the Bait Fish Fund! I'll ask everyone on the 25th of June for imput from all fishing in the Tourney if we should advertise Sponcers and seek more Sponcers for product or cash donations for the Tourneys to benefit the Bait Fish Fund!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,we got to 75 Tourney Entrants then it seems to have slowed right down. We need everyone that has signed up for the Chautauqua Tourney to help us out and see if they can get someone to join us.Ask a friend,tell people you meet fishing about the Tourney,add another person for the Tourney to your boat for the day.The hatchery has a good start this year collecting eggs for the muskie program,together we can make a big difference in maintaining and making NY States Muskie Fisheries World Class! Please copy the attached Tourney Flyer and hand it out or post it all over!

Thanks, Capt. Larry

Chautauqua_Lake_Tournament_Logo_2011_FINAL_1.jpg

make it 77 Captain Larry me and my buddy will be entering and trying it out even though neither of us have ever caught a pure or have any knowledge of Chautauqua! haha any pointers will help we're just doing it for the learning experience and the chance to pick all of your brains it will be fun either way though we're pumped

• 3 weeks later...

We now have 90 Fishermen in the Tourney,only need 10 more for a full field.Then from 101 entry and on all funds go directly to the Bait Fish Fund.McDonald's signed on as a Sponser today,each Fishermen will get Free Big Mac Coupons and we will be able to advertise at all participating locations in WNY.

Need everyone to try and get one friend to join us at the Tourney,would be nice to have 150!

Thanks,Capt. Larry