TOURNAMENT - Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament - June 23rd

Larry -

Have you thought about approaching an already established club like the Niagara Musky Association and running the tournament through them? On top of utilizing their accounting resources, you would probably draw an even bigger crowd to the tournament. Not sure how many NMA members participated in the event last year but this would give them even more reason to. I don't see why you couldn't run the tournament through them and then have the proceeds go to the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund - similar to how we supported the Ohio Baitfish Fund. Think about it and maybe bring it up at the next NMA meeting. The benefit to the NMA would be a nice increase in recognition and membership considering how established your tournament already is and the wide range of people it brings in from all over the area.

Cheers,

Chad

Chad,I have been trying to get the NMA to take ownership of the Tourney's / Bait Fish Fund and have a Chautauqua represenative that reports at the NMA Meetings.4 years of bringing it up,they do not want the liability! So it has to be a New Muskie Club for Chautauqua Lake or all NY Inland Muskie Lakes.Only other option would be to collect only cash the day of the Tourney,no paypal / no checks,have two other persons count the money after prize payout and get a money order to send all funds left over directly to the Bait Fish Co. that is contracted by the NY Dec for the Hatchery.

We need to think about moving the Chautauqua Tourney and Bait Fish Fund to the New NY Muskies Inc Chapter once it is up and running.A Conservation Fund can be opened through the NY Muskies Inc Chapter for the Bait Fish Fund.

But most important right now is getting more fishermen to signup for the June 23rd Tourney,everyone that has already signed up if you can talk one more fishermen to join us,we will have more then the 100 needed for a full field.

The last two months only a few new entrees have trickled in,just remember if your not in by June 1st the only way to get in is on the day of the Tourney June 23rd between 6am and 9am at Mayville Lakeside Park & Launch.Any checks mailed that get to my home address after June 1st or PayPal payments after June 1st,you will have to come to Mayville Launch on the day of the Tourney to get your Tourney Button & Release Form,you also can't start fishing until you have the Tourney Button.I will be gone doing fishing charters in Ohio,then St.Clair and last Chautauqua Lake up to June 23rd and will not be able to mail any Tourney Packages durring that period.Every Tourney I get a dozen or more phone calls from fishermen wanting to signup and get the Tourney Button on Friday because they want to start fishing at Midnight Friday,the answer is Signup between Now & June 1st or show up at Mayville Launch the morning of June 23rd.We will not have signup kits at Happy Hooker this year either.Please get your Entry Fee in Now so I can put together your Tourney Package now to have it ready to mail before I start my full time guiding.

• 2 weeks later...

NOTICE: Once again,June 1st is the last day to use Snail Mail or PayPal to Signup for the Tourney! After June 1st the only place to Signup for the Tourney is on the day of the Tourney June 23rd from 6:00 am to 9:00 am at Mayville Lakeside Park & Launch.Also any checks that reach my snail mail or PayPal payments after June 1st,those persons will have to come to Mayville Launch to get the Tourney Button & Release Form.Please do not call me from June 2nd to June 22nd,I will be busy Guiding St.Clair and then opening week on Chautauqua Lake,I will have no available time and can not deliver buttons & release forms to those who want to start fishing at midnight friday.If you do not sign up by June 1st,you can't start fishing until you get the button & release form between 6 am and 9 am at the Mayville Launch on the morning of the Tourney,June 23rd. No Exceptions!

• 2 weeks later...

June 1st is approaching,don't forget to signup for the Tourney soon if you plan to start fishing at midnight friday.Tourney signup will be closed from June 2nd thru June 22nd,then last chance to signup will be June 23rd the day of the Tourney at Mayville Lakeside Park Boat Launch from 6 am to 9 am. No Exceptions!

Do Not Forget Signup by June 1st or wait till June 23rd at Mayville Lakeside Park Boat Launch between 6am and 9 am.If you signup by June 1st you can start fishing at midnight friday,if you do not signup by June 1st you will have to wait until you signup and get the Tourney Button & Release Form after 6 am on June 23rd before you can start fishing.

June 1st cutoff date for snail mail & Paypal Tourney Signup is just 3 days away,all that are not signed up by June 1st will have to come to Mayville Lakeside Park on June 23rd from 6 am to 9 am to signup.I will not be around to except Tourney Entries from June 2nd tru June 22nd,busy with fishing charters.

Capt. Larry

Today June 1st till midnight is the last day you can use PayPal Link to sign up for the Tourney.Anyone who sent snail mail that arrives today with Tourney Enrty Fees will get the Tourney Packet mailed to them tomarrow.Any snail mail that arrives after June 1st those persons will have to come to Mayville Lakeside Park Boat Launch between 6 am to 9 am on June 23rd to get their Tourney Button & Release Form.

Sign up from June 2nd until June 22nd is closed,you must sign up on June 23rd at Mayville Lakeside Park & Boat Launch between 6 am & 9 am.

97 Tourney Entrants as of this morning June 1st!

Capt. Larry

There will be a 2nd Chautauqua Musky Tourney on July 28th.Those planning to Enter the July 28th Tourney,if your fishing the June 23rd Tourney,Please bring your Entry Fee for the July 28th Tourney to the June 23rd Tourney.This will save me burning gasoline to make multiple trips to the bank and I will also save the mailing cost of the Tourney Packets and give you your Tourney Packet on June 23rd.The mailing of the Tourney Packets alone cost $1.90 each,most are combined mailings,but we spent $142.50 in postage for mailing the Tourney Packets for the June 23rd Tourney.Printing costs were $27.95,Tourney Buttons $49.95,Food-supplies-drinks-ice etc. $310

Liability Insurance $279.00 Total $809

100 Tourney Entrants at $40 Each= $4000.00 Prize Payout $2500.00=$1500.00 minus expenses $809=$691 + raffle donation money will be what is raised for the Bait Fish Fund.

I will break the expenses down like this each Tourney. As you can see if we do not do well on the raffle table donations we do not make a lot of money for the Bait Fish Fund.The Early Signup Prizes were paid for out of my pocket,not the Tourneys money.

We will purchase $3000 worth of Fathead Minnows for Prendergast Hatchery again this year,just like last year.

Along with the Tourney Profit after expenses we need to make at least $500 from the raffle table at each Tourney,June 23rd & July 28th to have enough funds in the Bait Fish Fund to purchase $3000.00 worth of Fathead Minnows in 2013.

Then starting 2013 all Tourney Entry Fees must be Cash paid the friday before or the day of the Tourney.I will no longer be able to run Tourney Funds through my taxes,I will be collecting social security and can not earn over $14,500.00 a year.The Tourney Funds for 2013 will either be paid directly to the NY state contracted bait fish co. or set aside in a conservation fund account with the New NY Muskies Inc Chapter,the account will be for the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund Only and can not be used for anything else.