Disappointing news from Tiara Yachts.....

It is all about the money. Just a shame a well-built boat manufacturer is siding with a cause we are all against. As you have all said, it certainly would make me have second thoughts about buying a Tiara. :no::@:no:

I am not against wind turbines when they are on property that pays taxes to the community, rent to the property owner and helps the neighbors. I am against a government beaurocracy that uses our peoperty to make a justification for furthering its existence and does not compensate those neighbors who have to live with it.

Creating 1000 new jobs, pumping $$$$$ into the local economy and diversifying their business. Really! Someone can see a problem with this? If they dont do it someone else will and maybe it will be done in another country. Look at it as a positive maybe they can keep building boats longer. Tiara was doing 300 boats a year in the not so long ago "Good Times" and now they do around 30!

These things are gonna get built somewhere so I guess It's a good thing it's here in the USA and creating some jobs...but let's keep them looming over the 10,000 acre corn fields. Anybody seen any corn fields that size in New York? :wondering:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Considering the amount of people here that probably work/worked for Kodak or some segment of the auto industry, arguably among the biggest polluters of the great lakes in general....irony. The point? You may or may not have known what was happening...you more than likely had no vote in it happening...and those that make (the people in the factory, those on the floor) Tiara/Pursuit boats don't either. And they are the ones you are hurting the most deciding to not buy anything from the company anymore for some fairly narrow minded reasons.

If disagreeing with anything that a tree higging democrat proposes is narrow minded, than thats me. BTW, these are the same elected officials (who support wind) that want to end off shore drilling, which will devastate the drilling industry, as well as the auto industry. So whats your point regarding jobs at Tiara/Pursuit?

My point is, that deciding to not buy a boat because a corporate entity decided to open a division to make a product which may or may not have anything to do with the issue you have your panties in a bunch over (as you have no idea if their product is even to be used here..for all you know it is to be shipped overseas which in fact helps trade deficits) is only an attack on people who have nothing to do with the whole darn thing...the people who will lose their jobs and only care about trying to make a quality boat for you to enjoy. Pure genius.

My next point is that the distance between 'tree hugger' and true sportsman who is supposed to be concerned over conservation should be a short one...with the same concerns though possibly different means to achieve them. Seems many 'Sportsman' are more interested in exploitation of the environment, usually for the gain of their wallet, then they should be.

And since you decided to try to apply labels, you are in fact wrong. I am a former Republican moderate who is now a proud independent as I believe that those that go far enough right find themselves circling all the way around to the same place inhabited by the extreme left, ignorance. It is not a black and white world...most truth resides in the grey area that many should use grey matter (brains) to understand.

My point is, that deciding to not buy a boat because a corporate entity decided to open a division to make a product which may or may not have anything to do with the issue you have your panties in a bunch over (as you have no idea if their product is even to be used here..for all you know it is to be shipped overseas which in fact helps trade deficits) is only an attack on people who have nothing to do with the whole darn thing...the people who will lose their jobs and only care about trying to make a quality boat for you to enjoy. Pure genius.

My next point is that the distance between 'tree hugger' and true sportsman who is supposed to be concerned over conservation should be a short one...with the same concerns though possibly different means to achieve them. Seems many 'Sportsman' are more interested in exploitation of the environment, usually for the gain of their wallet, then they should be.

And since you decided to try to apply labels, you are in fact wrong. I am a former Republican moderate who is now a proud independent as I believe that those that go far enough right find themselves circling all the way around to the same place inhabited by the extreme left, ignorance. It is not a black and white world...most truth resides in the grey area that many should use grey matter (brains) to understand.

Well said, but I wasn't labeling you, so if it appeared that way, it wasn't. This example you cite can found thousands of times in different factories across the country, just with different examples of political decision making steering the ship.

someone will always suffer. decisions are made on both sides of the isle that impact workers negatively. So we can agree to disagree in this case. Its just an opinion.