Seneca 2-5-11

Well...Where to begin, Bob, Joe, Rod and I fished Seneca, hitting the water at 7 am, well 7:10 thanks to a late arriver :lol: Anyways, the fishing started off great, from the dock, to the end of the day. We trolled west side, fished Cores, wires, copper, and riggers. After dealing with so many cookie cutters up high last week, we decided to go deeper. Well it paid off, we caught the top 10 biggest salmon ive ever gotten on Seneca in one day.. Biggest was 8.5, with alot of cookies as well and "good eaters", we fished till nearly dark, in the rain, sleet and snow. However, flasher flies and Leadcores produced out biggest, the rigger wasnt too far behind with size too.. I cant BS you guys on this, we pushed over forty fish, and released all fish other than the ones below :o

Hope to be out tomorrow 8)

Pictures do the talking...

2_5.jpg

2_5_2.jpg

2_5_11.jpg

Nice :yes:

I planned to meet the crew on the Lilboat at T-Falls for the afternoon troll today on Cayuga but with the afternoon weather forecast looking like it did, decided to not make the trip.

Hope to get out to Seneca sometime when the weather looks good.

Thanks for the post.

they eat sawbellies....no they're not getting any bigger....its just that more guys are starting to realize that you can troll in the winter and landlocks are a lot easier to catch in the winter time, so they are targeting the landlocks....lead cores and top lines will catch you more fish, but fishing deeper will catch you bigger ones...

we pulled out a 4 inch sawbelly out of the mouth of one of the fish we caught yesterday. They seemed a lot fatter yesterday than they did a week ago too. Even the cookie cutters had a full stomach. Beautiful fish! The colors and the markings are amazing on these fish!

What another great day on the water!! Thanks Capt bob, nick and joe for an awesome time!

Just incredible guys!! :yes:

It's cool to see fish displayed from Seneca and the LLs are bigger than the lakers!! :clap:

I'm sure with reduced boat traffic the bigger ones are also less spooky right now.

How do you guys stay warm out there?? wow

well, here is the report fir today, sunday the 6th. Caught about 20 fish by 11:30 and called it quits, got more big Landlocks, and Some nice browns as well. Great day again. Didnt see any one else on the water except one guy. Lake was glass. Fishing was good. See ya out there guys!

Nick

Thanks for thr trip yesterday Nick, I had a great time Like Nick said we had great fishing. The big salmon are stacked up, and will be im sure for the next two months. All I know is now I have to get the boat ready :D . It will be out and in buisness by the first week of March. Thanks again for letting me cover the floor of Bobs boat with blood. Sean

The fishing is incredible on Seneca this time of year and the anglers that have the endurance to face the harse climate will be rewarded with high numbers of fish, a bag of different species, and some of the largest LLs and browns the lake as to offer. Releasing healthy fish is a must to keep our waters full of these beautiful cold water fish!

We will be out there this weekend for sure! Hope to see you guys on the water... we will be in the 18 foot blue fin with the big rod rack and planers out! Good luck to all :yes: (although luck is not really needed!!)