Two footballs just in time for the Super Bowl!!!

BlueDaksi

I usually concentrate on catching panfish & trout when ice fishing, but was very happy with my trip to a local Finger Lake about 10 miles from my house last Saturday morning.

I was targeting yellow perch and had a tip from a friend about where I could get into a few good ones. Turns out, I was fishing in the wrong spot, but I was happy with the results and can't wait to kayak fish this spot after ice-out in a couple of months!

First smallie was this nice 3lber...

Football1.jpg

...followed shortly by this Super Bowl worthy PIG of a football...

BigFootball2.jpg

Both were caught using a Rapala Jigging Rap tipped with a small fathead minnow in about 20 fow.

Paul, this is very nice small mouth BASS! Congrats! :yes::yes:

Wish I was caught that size on same day as you did. But I did caught three smallmouth but they didn't reach that big like as yours. big one probably around 15 inches or so.

p.s. yeah, this lake give me great impressions with landscrape. It made me want to come there during spring season. should be blast time out there.

Paul, this is very nice small mouth BASS! Congrats! :yes::yes:

Wish I was caught that size on same day as you did. But I did caught three smallmouth but they didn't reach that big like as yours. big one probably around 15 inches or so.

p.s. yeah, this lake give me great impressions with landscrape. It made me want to come there during spring season. should be blast time out there.

Mark, thanks! It is beautiful scenery out there. That is where I most often kayak fish.

Dang! I should fishing at there more often. I didn't realize that this lake offer so much beauty. Natural scenes + nice variety of fishes in that lake = Best place to go fishing at! Can't complain about that! 8)

Now, I have high hopes to catch trout that is above 5 pounds along with smallmouth that above 3 or 4 pounds if that is possible. :yes: I think I can do it!

• 2 years later...

I was up on Oneida last weekend and stumbled on these two Biggie Smalls back to back within a minute on two adjacent tip-ups. Allowed me to do the double "tourney pose" before tossing them back in the hole! The big one on the left was 21", on the right 19 3/4". Gotta love their fight!

post-151421-13916292711047_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app