red heads

I have never seen anything like the red heads this year. thousands and thousands just off my dock feeding. I have no idea what they are eating? Anyone know? sometimes they are very shallow, gives me the impression they are eating zebra mussels? The water is very clear and there are no fish that I can see or even catch. no perch or pans at all.

we also have about 20 whistling swans, golden eyes and buffle heads too. Great bird watching and its driving the dog nuts! :D

I'll post up a pic of the red head flock tomorrow.

RR

Rusty....any eel grass around? Most all divers like it. When food is limited, divers will work on zebras. We also pounded the red heads and canvasbacks this year. I did notice in the flocks of cans, there were 3 to 1 drake to hen ratio. Take some good photos.....love them divers!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Awsome pics......redheads are some of the best eating divers....next to cans. Hopefully with the apparent population increase, the Feds will allow us to shoot a couple more next year. It still amaizes me the canadians can shoot 4 of either redheads or cans and we can only take 2RH and 1 can.....thanks again for posting....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png