What vexilar to get?

bloodshot

I wouldnt get the vexilar at all, If you want the best unit in the business right now then you buy the Humminbird Ice 55. I have fished with marcum, vex and birds. Do the research you will find what im telling you

• 9 months later...

I've fished most of them...of course opinions are like armpits: we all have them and they all stink...but the Marcum LX5 is a heck of a unit. I just got one for myself this year. There's been a recent price drop and there's a rebate if you purchase prior to Dec 31st, too. Iceshanty has a great breakdown of the features on each of the respective units, plus lots of other sports weighing in on their preference. Here's the site: http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/in ... board=74.0

All the top manufacturers make great units, particularly at the high end. Make sure that you get the depth range you need, particularly if you fish deep sometimes, think about interference with other units, and decide whether zoom or fineline options are necessary for you. In case you're interested, Reeds has the LX5 for less than the "rebate" price and they'll give you a receipt for $499 so you can get the rebate, too.

• 2 weeks later...