7/01/2007 Rochester Jerk Report

Set lines @ 6am in 70 FOW and started the slow troll north. Bumpy ride with the 4 to 5 footers out therecomming from the north. Made it out to 400 FOW and took a few fish on the way out. Fish 40 to 80 down, leads on riggers 8 to 20 off ball. Wire rods out 150' to 250' 11" green flasher and green 3 fly meat rig and same on other wire rod but white. Fish caught were Kings, Laker, Steelhead. Marked most fish in 300 FOW range so we worked that depth hard and picked up a few more Kings and Steelhead. Derby Fish came on 11" green flasher with a A-TOM-MIK 3 fly meat rig Green Glow, 250 out 2.5 setting on dispey over 315 FOW. Once I realized it was a big fish I cleared all but one line so uncle bill had lots of room to fight this fish. Landed fish and ran boat back to weigh it in.

Mark

About damn time you and mr. bubbles pulled a derby king!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys put alot of time and effort out there every season - fishing hard. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Steve and Clarke;

Thanks

Yes Steve---- Bill & I put in our far share of hours in the pursuit of the almighty King Salmon. A few years back when we placed the 3 top ten lakers we were fishing Kings and caught suspended lakers in 250 FOW 80 to 100 down on wire and meat. Damm those are some big hooks down there gotta be kings....LOL Lakers!! The only fish we fish for during derby time are Kings and Steel.