Whats in your tackle box?

Gents,

I am approaching my second year fishing Cayuga and getting ready to stock up on some spoons and fly set-ups.

I am curious what everyone's "Go To" spoons are?

Also what is everyone's "Go To" spin doctor / fly set up? (I hear mountain dew spin doctor... which one of them?)

Thanks,

John

E-chips , chrome, green glow, white glow, white greendot. Atommic Fllies in hammer , uv greenglow, pro-am, mirage. Spoons , Stinger, evil-eye . These are in the 3 3/4 and the smaller 2 1/2" or so. Stick baits work too. And its tackle BOXES !!!! not tackle box :lol:

Our #1 set up for Cayuga is a chartreuse moutain dew spin doctor and a Big Weenie proctologist fly. plain white, or white crush/glow work well also. As far as spoons go the nk's run well at the same speed the spin doctors produce. Color wise you can't go wrong with green. Purple is good deep or on overcast days. There are tons of spoons that work, but like i said GREEN.

Here's a few suggestions;

Spin Doc/fly combos:

chrome green dolphin spinny w/proctolologist or pole dancer fly (big weenie)

innovator spinny w/Mtn Dew pulse fly (Siggs)

bloody death spinny w/ bloody death fly(atomik)

white w/ green dot spinny w/ proctologist or pole dancer fly (bw) or green crinkle fly(atomik)

spoons:

For cheater spoons;

look at the honey bees http://tamiron.com/main/HB-LerAvailability.htm

(too many favs too list)

and look at the small Yecks and or Stinger scorpion size

(a few favs are chicken wing,boy/girl,nascar)

deep spoons;

DW super slims (gator,diehard,salmon slayer,feelin irie,etc)

Stick baits:

don't be afraid to try stix & crank baits on deeper presentations after the spring brown deal is over!

I'm just scratching the surface here. One thing that might give you some good ideas is to search back thru a few years of FLX threads that look like reports of a days fishing and see what product names keep coming up. Good luck & see ya on the water. -Andy

(Blue/white Starcraft Islander)

Andy, I fish R&R spoons religiously. They do catch fish. Not to knock Dave but I really like his older spoons. I am not a fan of the razor spoons, I just could not get them to go last year. I did get a few of his "hot colors" according to a few guys on the board painted on older blanks and they worked. Personally I think it is the individual boat phenominon as Zeke from strike three explains. Some boats catch fish on certian lures and other don't. I think you need to find out what lures work best for you. Me personally I have my go to lures: Green/ Glow/ Orange/ Purple/ Chrome and Brown& Yellow are all good. Red also certian times of the year.

Andy, I fish R&R spoons religiously. They do catch fish. Not to knock Dave but I really like his older spoons. I am not a fan of the razor spoons, I just could not get them to go last year. I did get a few of his "hot colors" according to a few guys on the board painted on older blanks and they worked. Personally I think it is the individual boat phenominon as Zeke from strike three explains. Some boats catch fish on certian lures and other don't. I think you need to find out what lures work best for you. Me personally I have my go to lures: Green/ Glow/ Orange/ Purple/ Chrome and Brown& Yellow are all good. Red also certian times of the year.

i fish warrior spoons, dream weaver and r&r spoons....warrior spoons are my deep spoons for the lakers and landlocks.....dw super slims are my top half and cheater spoons pick up browns and rainbows .....r&r are my fall spoons, landlocks love them in the fall, i change the single hooks to a treble run them faster at like 2.9 to 3.5 and they produce real good......

as far as flasher and flys depends on the speed the fish want....spin dr i run fast and e chips i run slow....all with big weenie flys....Fruity Frosticles, Lake O Glow, Pole Dancer 1 & 2, yellow snow, Proctologist regular and mirage, salty balls and goat peckers.....

To be more specific I've got a few of Dave's older spoons that I've have caught some fish on and I guess they are all right (still think DW,Warriors, Honeybees,yecks,stingers,etc are much more consistent producers) but I can't say I have had much success w/ these 'razors' that everybody seems so excited about. Again maybe it's just me but I've given them a pretty good try & mostly they just pick up the same small LLs on the cheaters that everything else does. Just my 2 cents...

Jason I agree. His new stuff like the razors are Fast spoons. You have to be over 2.5 to get them to go. His older spoons like the super-lites are much speed forgiving I can run them down to 1.9 and they work. Basically put the narrower the spoon and flatter cup the faster you go. Last summer I experimented with a camera on my rigger- ran numerous spoons down 20ft and watched the action. You would be surprised how crappy some of these spoons run at different speeds. I hate to say it but my logs are the only thing allowing me to keep everything straight. Here is a Tip to post originator. If one spoon is working stick with that spoon manufacturer don't be tempted to try to match color often times it's the action that triggers the fishes response not the color.

Early season on Cayuga.......anything silver.........green with black spots or stripes....Later big (0) luhr-jensen dodgers ( chrome) with white or green flies...I like the mooselock thinfish for cheaters ( bows and LLs)......but can't find them anymore...Michigan stingers ( black spots ) are also fish catchers for me :);) ...Can't wait till spring'''''been a long winter....70s all week here...

i see no one mentioned apex. I found when things just are not going well, run the small apex close to the ball at 2.2 or so.

does anyone remember what they used to call the peanut? run behind bells works very well for lakers. I still have a few but can't find them available commercially.

Old tex, hit up the local warmarts, they still have mooselooks.... :)

I run NK, 28's,4D's and Mags. Mags are a good deep spoon. Also, Michigan Stinger, DW SS, and Many many, O&M spoons.. Always have a mix up of other makes but those are my tops spoons. Always keep a Sutton or two on board when the going gets tough..Slow as you can go ;) . Flasher/Fly, white on whites, and Black on black, Greens are usually my go to, But the Chromes get the job done on the sunydays for myself.

A nice cheater rig i do that seems to hit all species is a Small Luhr Jensen dodger, with a peanut fly.. Worked well for Landlocks and Lakers all season.

Good Luck, Nick