Cabin fever! need to get fired up!

Ok, I have got some cabin fever going on. I need to get on the big O and do some fishing! Any one else feeling the same? We need to get fired up! Post a good pic or video of your best fish or moment of 2010! I will start.

Here are some pics of some nice fish pulled in for 2010!

killer_king_014.jpg

i_bay_031.jpg

killer_king_029.jpg

guys_fishing_021.jpg

I've been missin fishin since I couldn't get back out on the lilboat weekend before last.

I treated cabin fever by doing some web surfin and found some interesting OLD MAPS related to a Great Lakes study of currents conducted back in the late 1800s.

I believe the fishing was good back then but the technology related to dropping bottles in the water and waiting till somebody found them. :time:

See:

http://historicalcharts.noaa.gov/collections.html#

Surface Currents of the Great Lakes

A book published by the Weather Bureau about currents of the Great Lakes, deduced from the movements of bottle papers during the seasons of 1892 1893 and 1894.

Regarding pics, here's a recent of some LLs from Cayuga from the lilboat. Thanks to RJ for the pic.

IMG00099_20110205_1124.jpg

Lets go fishin. :yes:

going to islamorada in 2 weeks for offshore and backcountry fishing.the captain told me he had to turn the heat on in the cabin a few mornings on the way out to the reef to take the chill off till the sun was up.(poor him).

JEFF

Very nice! I'm heading to Marathon for the first week of May. Can't wait to get into some Mahi and Tarpon!

Dang Wayne that is one big @ss sailfish. Pacific?

You guys in the keys are killing me. Lived in Key Largo Oct.-Dec. of 2002 and miss kingers on the fly...just troll till ya find 'em past the reef in 120 fow+, chuck out a 450g sink and wait for a kinger to find the fly. ZZZZZZxzzzzzzzxzzzzzzz!

Imagine if we could get Lake O Kings to take flies like that? Wow. Off river mouths in Spring maybe?

As for 2010...here's me and one of my best friends with a King/Coho double header off Olcott last August.

DHeader.jpg

A few minutes later my buddy's wife's friend's fiance hooked his first salmon. It ran him 250 yds into the power pro and hit a dead stop loop on the spool. We babied that fish on the end of its leash...all it had to do was flick a fin...but the wacky dude landed the big fish of the trip 25 lbs. Figures.

Friend_Salmon.jpg

It sure is a Steelie, Paul. You won't see a Summer Coho that lean on Ontario! Beautiful fish above guys. Big, fat smelt already in the Niagara so look for more of the same this season.

Wanna get cranked up for the upcoming season? Come to the LOTSA event in Lockport Sunday Feb 27th. Tons of new and used tackle on sale, and Paul will probably have some of his wicked beautiful skin mounts on display!

It sure is a Steelie, Paul. You won't see a Summer Coho that lean on Ontario! Beautiful fish above guys. Big, fat smelt already in the Niagara so look for more of the same this season.

Wanna get cranked up for the upcoming season? Come to the LOTSA event in Lockport Sunday Feb 27th. Tons of new and used tackle on sale, and Paul will probably have some of his wicked beautiful skin mounts on display!

And maybe even a reproduction too Vince! :o

Chris,

Nice pics and thanks again for letting me see that one giant in person. No pictures of Jordan? He only caught a tiny pike with me. I know he had better luck with you. Maybe we can get out this year together. Take care!

untitled.jpg

Good posts! I hope it settled some cabin fever. Cant wait to get out! Good luck and have a great year! talk to you on the water. Rick give me a call we can set you up with a trip for sure! Chris.