Savant Jakes Meet the East End Kings 7/2/07

Finaly was able to get out after some Sharks after hearing about a lot of people getting into them over the last week. Dad and I headed out into the trench, marked alot of bait along the pill boxes, but no active fish. There was a pack of boats off the wall so we trolled over to join in the fun. On our first pass we took a nice brown on a Watermelon with seeds Savant Jake on a free slider with the rigger set at 75'. We set back up and continued on, we saw a few fish caught, then some of the boats decided to leave and then all h-ll broke lose. We watched one boat in front of us double up, right after we passed them our Jake rod took a violent rip and I was locked into our first major of the year. After a 15 minute fight, and a little trouble at the back of the boat due to a poor net job, I was able to slide the net under a sweet 22lber. This fish just missed the board for the LOC. I set the rod back up after a couple of pics, turned around to get back on the wheel and the Jake took another violent hit. Now we are hooked into our second major in less than 2 minutes. This fish took us almost to the end of the spool, I figured I had 50 yards left before we were able to catch up to it. Dad had a good fight with this fish which ended up being a 17.5 lber on the scales. Both of these kings came on the Savant Jake in the Frog pattern pulled behind and ATOMMIK Twinkie Rig. The wind started to pick up and we headed toward the dock around 1245. The fish are there, but so are the boats. We worked the 95-120 feet area,with all the fish coming at 75 down. Good Luck to anyone the gets ut there. I pulled the boat to head down for the Oswego ProAm and will have it back in next week.

Sorry for the long report. Here are a few pics from today.

The brown:

100_1228.jpg

The first King:

100_1230.jpg

The second King:

100_1235.jpg

The Savant Jake that did the damage:

100_1232.jpg

Rich

Great report Rich you got to love that sound.Wish I was coming up next week with you guys let me know if it's ok to give you a shout this weekend.Glad to see you out and catching fish.Sounds like the boat is running good.

Thanks guys, it was a pleasant day on the water with dad, it has been a while since just him and I have been out alone. He sure was whooped after that king.

Dan,

That spoon is not a glow spoon, just a painted spoon, it held up real good to both those kings, I might have to replace the hooks due to one of the hooks is slightly bent. Good Luck to all.

Rich