Patching tranducer screw holes

High Bidder

I am changing transducers and have to patch the seven screw holes from the previous transducer and speed wheel. Can I use Bondo to fill the holes then put a gel coat over it? I'm not concerned with color match as it is below the waterline. I can't do anything immediately anyway because with the heat wave we had today the bottom of the hull is sweating like crazy.

High Bidder

Thanks for the advice. This changeover from the Lowrance unit to a Humminbird unit is getting complicated. I decided to get just a 778 sonar because I use a separate GPS chartplotter unit and sonar alone was less expensive. Or so I thought. Since it is only a sonar I had to buy a special Humminbird cable to update the sonar system program. Then I had to buy a a adapter to connect the Special Humminbird Update cable from the old outdated 9 pin serial port they still use to a USB port to connect it to my computer. Then I had to buy a transducer extension cable because the Humminbird cables are alot shorter than the Lowrance cable. After it is all said and done I should have bought a sonar GPS unit which has a SD card for updates and stayed with Lowrance who does not short you on transducer cable length. I'm glad I started this operation long before I actually need it. I hope when this is all done it is worth it.

High Bidder