Planer Boards

As far as boards go the Otter boats are nice.

Personally, I would get a couple wire rods together for running Dipsys, and learn how to catch fish on them before getting into Copper.

Don't scrimp on your wire rods and get quality reels and roller rods. It will pay off in spades in the long run.

I run the Shimano Tekota 600 LC and Tolara roller rods and couldn't be happier.

Good luck

Glen

I agree with spoonfed-1, i find that running Dipsys for me atleast seems to be more effective. plus when using cooper it can cause alot of tangles when you hit a big king on one of your rigger rods because you'll have so much line out :@ . i also run the Shimano Tekota 600 LC and Tolara roller rods and couldn't be happier, but if you want boards i would recomend Otter boards or make your own.

Thanks guys. I took your advice and picked up a couple of Otter boards. I also picked up a couple of 57LC reels and a couple of Shakespeare Tidewater roller rods. I figure these rigs will do the job without totally breaking the bank. I've fished with dipseys many times. I do plan on trying the wire on the boards. Thanks again for all your help!

double keel are a major improvement on how the boards tow when running coppers... can pull 2 600ft sections of copper off one side without the board lagging behind the boat... a few mods to the boards are a must tho... heavier rope on the board, fender washers so nothing gets pulled through the holes, and 250lb powerpro tow line

001-22.jpg

002-21.jpg