ICE SAFETY!!!

bloodshot

I know there are alot of you guys that have been ice fishing for a long time and know when the ice conditions are not safe, but I also know that some of you do not take along any safety gear. I was reminded AGAIN, how important a 15 foot piece of throw rope was when a 79 year old man went for a swim in long pond. Over his head ,no. but he had no chance of getting out without me. I was able to get him out and he was glad I was there. Cant believe the people that drive by and do nothing :no:

My safety rope has plucked 4 people from the ice in the last 15 years, including myself. If you ice fish long enough, you are going to need it one day. I keep a ice anchor and the rope in my gear at all times, you should too!! Its getting that time of year, BE SAFE and let everyone get home to there loved ones.

Thats why I wear a Mustang suit and and never fish the winter months without it.I went through once in 30' of water and my cigarettes in my hip pocket never even got wet.I was totally dry. I backed up thirty feet and kept fishing. One of the best investments I ever made.

I agree 100% with both posts...I fish out of a Mustang suit and it's my life insurance...my wife didn't even cringe when I bought it. But the Mustang is for me and the rope is for other people. I'd hate to make a bad situation worse by falling through myself. Stay back, toss them a line and go :beer::beer::beer: that everybody's safe.

Cheers to you for helping the old guy out, Bloodshot. I can't believe folks would drive by and ignore it.