Stickbait rigging

Hi,

Question, I tie my Fluro leader right to my main line. Do you guys tie directly to the stickbait, or use a swivel, or just a snap? would make sense to use a swivel so you can switch em out quick, but I don't want to kill the action. Help is appreciated. Thx

I use a small #8 spro power swivel between the main line and fluoro leader and then just a small duolock snap to the stick, the round bend of the duolock doesn't impair the lure's action. The #8 spro is small enough that it will slide right through the rod guides and even the level wind on the reel.

Tim

I use a small #8 spro power swivel between the main line and fluoro leader and then just a small duolock snap to the stick, the round bend of the duolock doesn't impair the lure's action. The #8 spro is small enough that it will slide right through the rod guides and even the level wind on the reel.

Tim

:yes:

Another vote for Tim.

I also remove the split ring if there is one.

Tim - It looks like your a winner! LOL

We downsize our swivels when fishing stickbaits for BT. We had been using the Spro snap swivels in the 60lb test for Salmon, so on our BT rods we went down to the 45lb spro snap swivels. They are easier to get in and out of some of the smaller stickbaits. It makes it nice to change out baits, but like some have said the snap swivel may take a little action away. Especially if it is a large version.

I use a small swivel about 7' up like most replies indicated.

Two things this does:

1. If a piece of grass or a small piece of debris hits your line it will run down to the swivel and it might catch there, allowing your stick to run properly.

2. It prevents twist if your line gets hung up on the hooks. A snap swivel at the lure won't prevent this.