seneca perch and landlocks

You guys might as well start your own board. I do not feel threatened at all about helping guys out. Thats what this board is for. Not to have some secret society keeping info to yourselves. If thats what you want to do fine do it by PM. I personally dont need your help i had to learn the lake by fishing it, there was no interzweb back then and i still dont mind helping someone out. You dont see any of this whining on the LO reports do ya. :no: Small tribs I can see but not these lakes.

RR

I guess I'll miss reading the posts of winter reports. Did someone get a little touch of "Salmon Crazy"? Believe me, I'm no threat to the FLX, I fished them one day last year (Owasco April 10). I'll miss the reports though while I'm sitting here, in the office watching the clock. :(

rr you get some sand in your you know what's............. :lol:

Wow I don't like where this is heading------- feel a bit quilty now asking the dude for a report way back on 2-23-2011........ lets see if we can get some thing good out of this mess.

RR when you posted I tought well here's a level headed dude , then it got to you also. Seems like we're darned if we do and darned if we keep it to our selfs. So what do you all think about a " Port - Of - Call" so to speak for the Fingers. Start a thread for Finger Lakes Contacts everyone that WANTS to post the port they or section of the lake they fish out of the most. Take me if someone was looking for info on the middle section of Seneca in and around Lodi Point area they would open the Finger Lakes Contact thread see who was close to where they wanted to fish/go and send that person a PM for info .........

What do ya all think.................as far as posting reports do as you want , that what I have done for the past to the point one time Ray K acussed me of talking to meself......LOL.......... also it would be a way for everyone on here to PM folks with there phone # if they want................................

I don't like the way this thread is heading neither. :( This site is to "Make good fishermen even better". If you feel threatened by someone posting about fishing on YOUR lake, you can go start your OWN BOARD. You want your own little secret society when you can't even afford the stinkin $20 to help support this site. Take a chill pill and think it over. This site has grown thru guys willing to share info on the Great Lakes as well as the Finger Lakes, posting their reports of what they caught and what they caught them on. Many of you have learned from these reports and your catch rate has increased. Let's get back on topic here. Thank you.

^^^^ good one stinger.

Ed the only thing that burns my Britches about all of this is that alot of these guys prolly got a lot of good info out of this board before or when they they joined. I am an original member of this board and its for sharing info. Which i do all the time and have done since the beginning. If i'm not posting, its because I'm not out there.

All the regulars know where i fish, its no secret. I have never never had someone hone in on my "secret spot" which is right out in front of my house. There is plenty of room out there boys. Some of you guys that winter troll think its a big secret. well its not, I've been doing it for 18 years. Seneca and Cayuga.

Call me on the radio, PM me, ask on the board and I will always give out the info.

If you guys dont want to post your trips then dont. Stop @#$%ctin about guys asking a question about where to go fishing of its its good right now. criminy!

As a matter of fact, I was the first one on the FL's to use dodgers and flies and I taught it to everyone who wanted to know. A very prominent captain and i came up with a plan just as the flies hit LO and he was one of the pioneers of running them.

Rant over

My first one by the way. :rofl:

RR

I would just like to buy my fish from the classified section.

But if you do post a report could you please list the Long and Lat numbers, manufacturere of the lure, size, color, depth of water fished, direction of troll, speed and temp over ground and at ball, different presentations used and how many fish caught on each, time of day, wind direction and speed and any other weather related information that might be pertinent to a successful fishing trip?

I can figure out the rest.

Thank you. ;)

Glen

I would just like to buy my fish from the classified section.

But if you do post a report could you please list the Long and Lat numbers, manufacturere of the lure, size, color, depth of water fished, direction of troll, speed and temp over ground and at ball, different presentations used and how many fish caught on each, time of day, wind direction and speed and any other weather related information that might be pertinent to a successful fishing trip?

I can figure out the rest.

Thank you. ;)

Glen

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You da man Glen. Exactly my point.

RR

A while back I used to post river walleye reports on another board. After some heated exchanges about giving out info.. I quit posting. The board no longer exists!

I realize that I don't post reports often.. and being primarily a walleye guy.. most of you probably don't look at them anyway, but I also don't get out as often as many of you do. I do enjoy browsing through.. reading about results and techniques though. I'd really miss this place if it came to a secret handshake society! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Holy Schneikes.Come on guy's.If you want to post....do it.If not...don't.Isn't this trolling posed to be about having fun???This board has got to be the best out there.Lets keep it that way.To the RAT....I remember Cyn and I were on the water some years back,He tells us he had a new program for us to try.We gave it a try and the dodger/fly was awesome.To SPOON-FED 1....a great big thank you from us,specially bout giving us a hand with the big pond.We choose not to post our results however we have PM'D a ton of people looking for a bit of help.Lets just have fun and keep this the great venue that it is.......Best of kuck to all in 2011...Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

it's unfortunate a simple post turned into this. I enjoy fishing and seeing others catch fish. Its an even greater reward for me if they get into fish like they never have before. I have shortened my learning curve by visiting this site, and to me its what these sites are for. Nothing wrong with asking for a place to start to have a good time. Everyone has something to offer, and it thier choice if they share it or not. If we can run 4 wide planer board to planer board during the seneca derby and still catch fish, what are we worried about? If you are good you will catch fish no matter if you are alone on the lake or not. I understand the concern with tribs, these not a lot of room there. One year i found a hole and about a half hour later had people bouncing thier bait off the rock i was standing on. But in the big finger lakes there is plenty of room and options. I'm here to expand my knowlege, and help other into this great sport. We have some of the greatest fishing in America in our back yard, lets enjoy it and share it.

good luck everyone!

Ben

Your right Ben, it's a great board. Wish this info. was out there the first year or two the salmon started to run the Oswego and Salmon river, I had a 16ft. Lone Star, two old downriggers and a green box and not a clue how to catch a salmon, it was all about speed. That's when a 16ft. was a big fishing boat.

Lets keep the posts coming. Mike.

BTW R U getting out on YOUR river lately? :yes:

Rodney... How ya been? I haven't been able to get on MY river since mid-December. I've been checking it daily.. the launch is open, but there's nowhere to fish! The prime ("secret") spots are still iced in. Hopefully in the next few days she'll start flushing it out! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

BTW R U getting out on YOUR river lately? :yes:

Rodney... How ya been? I haven't been able to get on MY river since mid-December. I've been checking it daily.. the launch is open, but there's nowhere to fish! The prime ("secret") spots are still iced in. Hopefully in the next few days she'll start flushing it out! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I thought I mite see you two at the FLM last year , maybe this year.................

you can't ride a bike by reading about it in a book. I think fishing is the same. The only way to boat fish is to get out on the water as much as you guys do. I read everyone of your posts, even bring printed out copies on my boat and I still can't catch the numbers you guys get. Telling us what to do is no subsitute for experiance, but it gets us moving in the right direction. Thanks for posting.

Guys guys guys The comments I made in my opinion were harmless there is no way I thought it would get to this level and I apologize if anyone was offended or I would never have posted it. I religiously post our results and will continue to because it creates friendships. As noted by our pics we wanted to share our success with others. We did PM specifics to several members on this site. The meaning of the post was not to go underground but share more specifics of the trip like more specific locations etc that you share with fellow fishermen who do the same. If you review my posts and Marks as well as Jeffs you'll find we post more frequent than most. Please put this nonsense to bed there are other productive things to share! I'm in Florida. Mark called me to tell the post was getting out of hand so I felt compelled to respond!

Ken

Hey Ken,

Good post, great explanation. We certainly appreciate you guys and your willingness to share stories and pictures; it makes for great entertainment value. It's obvious that you aren't trying to set up a secret society of finger lakes fishermen and I'm guessing that the information you're refering to is unnecessary for most readers to appreciate your posts. In fact, I even understand why you might want a means of conveying that information privately. However, anytime that you limit information to a particular group on a public board, you create the appearence of privilege. And sometimes appearances are enough to stimulate an outcry. I think that's what happened here. Since we're a cohesive rather than divisive community, I agree that this should be put to rest. Thanks for your insights. Best of luck in Florida!

Gator