seneca perch and landlocks

Yep , any ideas ????

We have a GREAT core base here for info , just think how much better it could be IF everyone shared !!!!! Sometimes I feel like ……………………………emoticon-0127-lipssealed.gif

I thought quite a bit about a mailbox set up with guys that are willing to share successes, that would keep the ones who just want to gather info out of the picture! Thoughts?

All interested would have to share e-mail addresses and send messages to all that paticipate in the group! Someone would have to take the lead! This all could be set up in one mail box address!

If the mail box thing happens I'd like to get in on it. It's discourging sometimes to watch the "views" counter go through the roof but only have input from a dozen or so of us. Frisco had the idea and is "semi" retired so I'd think has the time, I nominate him to captain this boat, you can thank me later Ken. Have fun in Fla

Frisco: I'm in. Unfortunately, my computer literacy stops as soon as I log off the LOU. I'll see what google says and if Landscaping fisherman can figure out how to set up a mailbox

So, there's a thing called a phone that let's people talk one-on-one. It's great for giving updated reports to your friends. Anything that you post onto a public forum becomes public information. And limiting reports to a select group of people is not the purpose of a discussion board.

I understand your frustration...I quit posting in myfishfinder.com a couple years ago because of a lack of reciprocation...but if you don't want to share information with everyone, then don't post it. Simple, right?

A final point. I read posts for entertainment value. I probably won't fish salmon in the Finger Lakes during February. I bet there's lots of other folks who do the same. Just because the counter is going up and there's no replies doesn't mean that people are unwilling to share. Proposing to start a private forum on a public board is like thumbing your nose at everyone else and screaming, "Nyah, Nyah, na Nyah na". A private forum isn't in-and-of-itself a bad idea, but there's no need to tell everybody that you're going to do it and that they're not invited...

Well stated Gator!...same reason I don't do any other forum except this one. This is a place for exchange of information and FULL participation. If you want to look here for info you will get it from those of us who are willing to share. It is not anyone's interest to read a selfish hijacking post.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

You guys can not go under ground with your posts.You have some great reports and info.There are so few reports of fishing on here in the winter months.You guys are one of the few on here that share in the winter,that make it worth while reading and posting.I haven't been setting any fishing records this winter, but when I have a little success I have been trying to share it.Whether it has been ice fishing or Niagara river fishing.With the price of gas it sure helps to have a little info.It is to costly to go somewhere new and get skunked.I do not fish the Finger Lakes for Trout and Salmon but I do love to read your reports. I would like to try Seneca for perch though. ;) but with the tight lip about that fishing I am reluctant .I do not have the time or money to go there 3 or 4 times to learn how to be successful.Please keep up with the great reports,and I will share what little I have.That is what makes this the great site it is.

You could always just keep specific details out and share those via pm's.

I also enjoy reading the reports and seeing pictures from you winter fishermen.

Believe me I would be out there with you if not for the 5 hr trip.

Glen

Lots of guys from other areas read our posts that dont fish down here. The lakes are huge plenty of room. I go to other forums and read about fishing reports on places I've never been to and prolly will never go to. I do not believe for one minute that posting a report on the FL's has any detrimental effect on our fishing. The guys that go once or twice a year and want to get some info is just fine. I dont care if they whacked the snot of em or got skunked. They dont have to post back.

you want to know whats going on at Cayuga ask me. I'll blab any time. Well except the week before the LOU tournament. :rofl:

Get the sand out of your you know whats guys.

RR

yea, i think that if people ask about a fishing report, dont get mad their out there trying to do what your trying to do which is catch fish. you dont have to tell them every little detail just give them a couple pointers. you cant hate people for trying to become a better fishermen. and thats what this should be about. and besides fishing here is not a secret anymore, alot of people know about fishing in this area and know how to do it. im not sayin give out your spots or anything but just try to help them out a little bit.