2011 PIKE OPENING DAY

Hey guys,

I fished in Lake Conesus for first time, I am using kayak to fishing. I caught couple bass and one smallmouth bass that around 18.5 incher. probably over 4 pounds. :D8):yes:

008.jpg

010.jpg

Anyway, back to your point at zach and Nitromusky, the water was very clear. I could see dropoff in north-end at those many buoys. Weeds was everywhere but only like less a foot or so. Not fully grown yet. I do believe that water haven't being affected by lot amount of raining that we got recently. I caught one big pike but lost him on kayak's side. I wasn't target pike at all but it was really nice one that I failed to landed it! :@

See you guys out there at this Saturday!

Thanks for the report there DF! Probably pushing my luck, but did you get the water temp by chance??

Looks like two nice smallies in those pictures (or were they the same fish?).

Hopefully if the pike and tigers aren't cooperative on Saturday those lunker smallies will be :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Both photo was same fish.

Yeah, sorry, I don't have any kind of electronics on my kayak. I am just beginners on kayak. Another kayak who had the electronics told me that it was around 46-50 degree. But not sure. since it was little miscommunicate. Since I think he never saw deaf person before. :lol: At least, he was trying to sign numbers to me but it looks like messed number. This number, I was thinking he was trying to tell me.

Another RIT student who in bass club caught 32 incher pike on same day when I was caught this bass.

But two weekend ago, I went to south end for bass+catfish, I caught two pike and lost one monster fish that battled for almost 15 minutes that led to unhooked. Along with many catfish.

I think that pike should be cooperative well. Since we can target them. Since we wasn't target them but still catch them! might be good sign to come this saturday! :yes:

i have to work all weekend so i won't get out til wed. countin on you guys for some info. water has to be colder than normal. twiched minnowbaits maybe? how bout those navy seals? tossed his headless butt in the ocean! usama BAIT laden. sharks gotta eat too.

Good to see you back on here Mike!!! Wednesday huh? Osama "Bait" Laden, lol. Ever start twisting up you own bucktails yet? I don't see the Rabbid Squirrels in the magazines this year. Time to make your own Old Man. Hows the hand?

they don't make those squirrels anymore so i had to make a batch myself. they're not works of art but they should get the job done. my hand is fully operational but numb all the time. at least if i get bit it won't hurt as much. i read on another thread that conesus was closed. i know cayuga is and seneca has a 5mph limit. might have to mow next week instead of fish,after i build a snorkel for the mower.

Mostly hammer handles up in the 1000 islands... and a bunch of incidental bass. couldn't keep the damn things off our lures. had decent weather though and was nice to be out on the water for a few days

fished conesus today from 6 to 1. early on the pike were following like crazy. could not get bit,though. just lookers,not so much as a bump. never saw a fish after 9am. water was 53,no weeds to speak of. nice to get out though. the first time out i always get a warm fuzzy feeling that it's so great to just be here i don't even care if i catch anything. that lasts about 3 casts.

Today I took my daughter Christine out for a troll on the Erie Canal from North Tonawanda to Tonawanda Creek.We were trolling chartruse & silver #13 Rapala's on Lead Core 60 ft back,we caught 5 small hamerhandle northern pike.The canal is loaded with emerald shinners,jumpimg out of the vway of the boat along the way.Water was a little on the brown side but was 66.5 degrees.Off to Cuba Lake in the morning.

Capt. Larry

went out wednesday may 11...fished from 6am-about 5pm with a break in between when the sun got real hot. not a thing! lost one on a sucker first thing in the morning and then didnt see anything else until I had a follow once some wind started to pick up around 1130. dont know where they are right now I figured theyd be in the shallow bays where the water is the warmest doing their post spawn thing but I was marking a lot of big fish out over deep water as much as 20-30ft down in about 30-40 fow idk if these were walleye or some of the big girls ive been looking for. does conesus have adequate O2 levels that deep down this early in the season?

Had a decent night trolling conesus...two pike in the boat: 26 and 30. Had about a 36 snap us off at the net and a few other fish on that we never got a look at. Might have set the hook harder on the mystery fish if I hadnt been hoping they were walleye. How it goes I guess. Till next weekend...

Water temps +/-60

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png