Favorite hard bait/lure for northern pike?

The small soft tailed Phantom jerkbait (6"). Every single pike and tiger (like 16 or 17 tigers) I did last year was on a Phantom Softail. Color- something bright or something white for shallow water. When the water warms up, it's musky time so I have no idea what pike want when they move deep. I used to fish the soft plastic flukes and did well but you have to them slower than a jerkbait. For me, jerkbaits outproduce spinners 2:1 at least.

Shallow -mid Spinnerbaits chart or Gold Blk or Blk orange also Rattle rouge. #5 Mepps Buctail Spinners Gold blk or Silver White. Blk 6" Slugo on 1/8 or 1/4 wtd Weedless hook.

Mid - Divers Bagleys or Rapala or Manns, Jigs or plastic

Deep-12' & over heavy Spoons 1 oz red white dardevel ,Mepps chart Cyclops or Perch Buctail jigs or plastic jigs.

Has Been, it looks like we have similar styles. I only go out for pike a few times a year but you and I have almost all the same favorites. I used to love twitching that sluggo and watch those white mouths open up on them to crush em. My other old favorite was that Mepps spoon. Do they make Cyclops anymore? They also used to have a lighter weight Cyclops that we actually did even better on than the normal one. It was like 1/2 as thin as a normal one letting you fish it slow and shallower w/ more action. Haven't seen one in years. Fun topic.

10oz cobra jig? Have I been under a rock? I usually see just about everything that is out there and have never seen a 10oz Cobra jig. Where you gonna fish that thing?

• 2 weeks later...

i use mostley all rapalas. between the x-raps, husky jerks, and the jointed rapalas i do pretty well. they have all sizes and colors for all different depths and situations. i think the new clackin' series from rapala might be a hit, maybe we'll have to wait and see. also i use the bass pro XPS professional series stickbaits. i found out that the gold colors with some red and white work real well.

Rapala Xraps of any color are my favorite plastics. The 4-8 feet divers are my favorite. I remove the barbs as they are a pain to unhook but they work consistently for pike, walleye and bass.

The large husky jerks are also awsome in perch or silver color. Again, i remove the barbs