Sub Troll 900 problem

I have a problem with my sub troll as I don't have a decimal point showing up despite having power (checked with a test light) all the way to within 1 inch from where the wire disapears into the back of the unit :?

Any help would be great. Moor tested it when I had it up there too :shock: :? :?

i had this problem, i found that there was a short in the plug. i just twisted the plug while i had it pluged in to the unit, then the dot appeared. so i replaced the power cord, eveything works fine now.

I GOT A DECIMAL POINT, I GOT A DECIMAL POINT, I GOT A DECIMAL POINT :D:D:D:D

Jason it ended up being a ground issue. Discovered it by mistake when I put the unit on the metal on the back of my glove compartment it touched the metal plug for the probe cable and it appeared :shock: . Called Duane at Moor and he said to check the ground wire and I found a bad connection where the wire runs along the inside of the boat wall. So it's up and running.

JD if I hadn't sunk $$$ ;( into the sub troll over the past couple of years I would have gone for a new unit.

Ray shaaaaaad app with your perminent marker idea :roll: . I never go 7 mph :lol:

Tom....just bite the bullet and get a Depth Raider...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i have the sub troll 900 and i like the way it works...but i think the quality sucks...they unit just seems very delicate....and to top it all off moore electroics charged me 90 bucks to fix a 2 cent spring!!!

what i didn't like about my old fish hawk is that the digital read out would jump around too much....does the Depth Raider jump around like the fish hawk?

thanks tony....