Oil prices?

Get ready for at least 5.75 a gallon at the marinas.......I'd like to slap the idiots who do all the "speculation" to set the prices. Those oil companies are,again,going to make billions..... Looks like my trips off shore to the fence are going to be few and far between.....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

You want to fix gas prices? Don't allow listing on the stock exchange. Why we allow gas and food comodities to be traded and speculated on is beyond common sense.

What kills me is a gas station can raise the price of gas without buying another load. How is that right? They get a load and the price isd $3.49 a gallon. The next day, the price of crude goes up and so does their price. They still paid the same price for the gas they are jacking up on us.

You want to fix gas prices? Don't allow listing on the stock exchange. Why we allow gas and food comodities to be traded and speculated on is beyond common sense.

You are so correct, it doesn't matter where you get it from, Kwik fill ads say all American fuel and you pay even more at the pump.

Everyone hang on we have not seen the worst of it YET!! Wait untill the MESS in the Mid East that will continue to spirill out of control from country to country it will only start to cost the USA more for a barrell of oil. Is it not graet to be dependant upon other countries to make all the things we use to make!! Got to THANK our BUDDY BILL CLINTON for that. HE should have learned how to KEEP HIS PANTS ON TOO> But how did that work out> HA HA HA. :D:clap::lol:

Well the main problem is not that we get our oil form other countries its because its a globle market, so since china and india sucking up huge amounts of oil daily it causes demand to go up and prices as well. The only thing we can do is protest like by in 08 and the price should fall again or just completly kill the economy.

The D & C today in Rochester said that with the rise in prices over the last week or two its costing the american population $95,000,000. more a day using the same amount of gas. I'm looking into a real nice mountain bike an even nicer survival suit and a good hill to get me to work!

Tom

I am pretty sure that we all will need a bit of help to survive the additional expense of this price increase.. I know this much it is not likly for me to get a pay raise anytime soon.. So much for the so call coming out of the economic down turn. Guess that will have to wait again. O Well better luck next time..

US gets the majority of it's petroleum from Canada. Only a few % from middle east. WTF? Media thinks we're as stupid as the gov't does? Libya was in North Africa last time I looked - NOT the Middle East. Unless they moved it in the last 40 years ;)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

It's speculation, just like last time. A lot of guys getting rich manipulating the price. There is no shortage,never was one. Has nothing to do with supply & demand.

Gas at 5.75 ? Less guys traveling up to the big pond. I figure I use about 30 gals min to & from & fishing for a day .So what use to cost less than 60 will now be 160 or more . Everything else goes up also. You want lack of participation , you got it. But the pending legislation I'm quite sure will change that.

Bike? Get ready to register it. Coming after somthing as sacred as a childs bike. Have we no shame?

I'd take the Clinton days in a heartbeat. What's that giant sucking sound?

When are we going to get a President, or better yet, a LEADER that puts the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA first?

Can we get a recall vote? DC is being run by a bunch of whining babies. Neither party is doing anything constructively to bring a solution to this and many other problems. Dragging their feet and running away from their offices crying the other party is being mean and forcing their agenda on us and we don't want to play any more. Makes me sick :puke:

They threaten a government shutdown cause they can't agree on anything...period. It's too bad we as The citizens of this country can't give them what they want...a shutdown... Tax Revolt style... but then they wouldn't get why that happened either.

I drive the big 18 wheeler all over this country and I see the prices of fuel everywhere. New York has the highest diesel and gas prices in the country. That's a regional problem to add to the overall big problem nationwide. New York has one of the highest diesel fuel taxes in the nation and not surprisingly one of the worst levels of aggregate base taxes in the nation. Sure is a great feeling we got such great leadership in Albany too. NOT!!!

So now as I am driving an average of 850 miles per day at a rate of fuel burn that is only slightly better than my 225 Yammy outboard at cruise, the price of diesel is gong to the sky, totally unpredictable for the next day. The cost of operation on this one truck is CRAZY. ...4000 dollars a week for fuel alone!.. the fuel surcharge offered by the dept. of energy is now at .52 cents per mile above the normal freight base pay. Everything transported in this truck is getting cranked up, and it will be on the shelves in the store and the retail level at costs we will not be able to sustain in this economy. Airfares, Rail freight maritime shipping etc. is going to take 90,000,000,000 dollars out of the consumers normal discretionary spending. That will be the one two punch that will take this economy down a bad road. Obama should have never made fun of the "drill baby drill" platform of the GOP. may be there would not be any difference due to the world economy but I say get it here keep it here and off the market of the world, just like the strategic oil reserve. I believe that it should be released soon to this market here. It is OUR OIL, the citizens of the USA own it, and if this gets too crazy we need the break. Who knows ...we might even end up with the old 1970's gas rationing due to the disruption of oil from the middle east. I sure hope not, but with this administration mirroring the mentality of the Carter years I can only fear the worst.

I saw an interesting quote today about the economy that made me stop and think:

"As corporate profits skyrocket, even as the economy remains stalled in a deep recession, Americans confront a grim new reality: Our corporations don't need us anymore. Half their revenues come from abroad. Their products, increasingly, come from abroad as well. With each passing year, and even more so during the recession, America's leading corporations grow more and more decoupled from the American economy. Their interests grow increasingly detached from those of our workers, our consumers -- and our economic future. That's why the current downturn is different from its predecessors: Unlike any recession in American history -- including the Great Depression -- this one has come at a time when America's leading employers can return to profitability without rehiring large numbers of American workers."

Not so much gas related but economy, which is partially based on gas. Meyerson brings up some interesting points.

In Switzerland, gasoline costs $15 a gallon. People ride electric trains everywhere, they show up every 20 minutes. If you own a car, you use it once a week and it gets 35 MPG. Most boats are row boats or sailboats.

Things are changing over here, get ready.

In 2007 Exxon set an annual profit record by earning $40.61 billion - or nearly $1,300 per second in 2007. That exceeded its previous record of $39.5 billion in 2006. I couldn't find the 2008 figures but they beat 2007 from what I recall. I am going to go and get drunk now :beer:

It seems like a good time to find at least one other partner to go fishing with. I used to drive from Rochester to Wilson and fish there.The overall fuel use is about 30 gallons per trip. Sharing this between 2 or 3 people makes it ok. Going out by myself becomes just too much.

Natural gas prices are lower now due to the nearby Marcellus play.

Do they make any boats than run on LNG?

Maybe ya could filler up at the Seneca salt plant?

See:

http://www.senecalake.org/uploads/Phil_Letter_to_DEC_012711_Salt_Storage.pdf

There is a lot of natural gas under Seneca lake. It is famous for "burping",but LPG is Liquid Petroleum Gas and you don't want that to leach into the lake.

Any engine that runs on gasoline can easily be converted to run on LPG.In Europe this is very popular because LPG costs about half of what gasoline costs.Around here it seems that LPG costs more per gallon than regular gasoline.