Fish Hawk TD

A new device (Fish Hawk TD) coming out from Fish Hawk which measures depth and temperature in 5 Ft increments down to 300FT. Can be attached to downrigger, dipsy, wire lead, or heavy snap weight systems to get depth and temperature for us guys that have simpler gear and boat setups. Looks like it is similar to a device that was around a few years ago that is no longer available. I believe it was a GTM-40. I see prices so far of $139-149. Five year battery life.

I have 3 of these available and in stock now at Captain's Cove. I am matching the price of $149.99 from the FishHawk website, BUT that price includes tax (if you live in NY) and shipping.

~ Michele

Captain's Cove Resort, Inc.

http://www.fishcaptainscove.com/

[email protected]

585-682-3316

Info from Fish Hawk on battery life and/or changing battery from an email:

"No, the battery is molded in and has a 20-year shelf life. We ran a bunch of lab tests and field tests and if you used the TD 300 days per year you would still get 12-years of use. The molded in-battery greatly improves the water integrity at depths down to 400'."

I would like to think that one of these would be slick to check in on the running depths of core n' copper setups but the I would think that the probe must create a lot of blow back that would make the readings different than the depths those rigs would run without the probe.