Sodus Bay 3\3\11

W.W.IV.

Hit the bay this about 7am till 3pm, a little cool 7deg. but know wind and sunny :) . It was about the same as its been most of the week,start out with a few good ones and then some dinks and then nothing.After a few changes a few more good one's and move to another hole and some dinks and more good ones.Got most good ones on large Niagara's below 1\16 oz cleo's, firetiger, and other jigging spoons I can't put a name on. Ended up with about 18-20 eaters 10"13"s. Four of us did about the same. Plenty of ice 16-18"s and slick, need creepers, walking is great. Went out of third creek. stay away from the creek mouths and the docks. :yes:

Nice...wish I could get back out there again. Went out last month 24th from third creek for the first time solo based on your last report. Had a good time watching the perch on the camera. Caught mostly dinks but had about 20 I kept over 9 inches up to 12. They are really weird acting, I was using ice jigs and pimples alternating between waxies and oak leaf grubs. Soon as I drop the lure down they would come running but then they would loose interest in the offering. What really seemed to get them turned on was dropping the pimple in the dirt with a big plume of dust. Then they all would attack like piranhas or a gang of NFL players on a fumble :lol: . Long drive for me over there but your posts helped me make the decision to try it for the first time. Thanks for sharing!

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Hey Skipper,glade you had a good first trip to the Bay.Its funny how the bite changes in the course of the day. The post that brought you to the Bay was a banner day,they started out pounding 4" buckeye's and then minnows and eyes on a small white catty jig and then all they would hit were eys's, but the bite never slowed down,but it was mostly dinks through the middle of the day. I find on most days the average catch is 15 to 20 good ones, so you did well.Glad the post helped you out.If you want to make the trip again drop me a pm, I'm retired and can go anytime. :D Mike.

I Gave it a try today out of third creek after reading your report yesterday .First time fishing out Sodus in a couple of years.Fished in 31ft. with a small glow pimple.Switched between spikes and fatheads.Had to pick through the dinks but managed 15 keepers 9 to 12.5 inches. Caught more fish on the spikes,but better quality on the fathead.Fished from 12 to 5 .Marked fish the whole time. Thanks for the report Mike

Sean, glade you had a good trip.Sodus is my go to spot once the ice sets up. Hey try eye's on those jigs on and off through the day, they might not want them in the morning but kill them in the afternoon.

Thanks for thew post. Mike.