Open Water

Hey guys -- I have been following the posts. I am not familiar with the Seneca pier -- question, where is this and is the area conducive to kayak fishing? I am looking to get out on open water Saturday while it's decent (40 degrees) and was looking to get on Seneca or another open water spot in greater Rochester area. Let me know if you have suggestions -- thanks!

Well, the pier is on the south western shore of seneca lake in watkins glen. You will have no problem taking your kyak there, in fact, you will have a better chance goign to the canal, going to the mouth and fishing with that thing near the warm water discharge of the Salt plant ( 2 salt plants on south end). This discharge is only a few hundred yards away from the clute park launch. Not to mention the breakwall will be there for your safety just in case. I see guys there all year round on kyaks. You will do good. Bass minnows or even fly fishing with buck tails. Post your reports!!

Nick

Its supposed to be windy Sat. but if you stay on the south shoreline you will prolly be OK - and the fish are in shallow! Pike, perch and browns are in the muddy water close to shore on the south end. A yak would be perfect!!

• 3 weeks later...