Seneca 3-5-11 SKUNKED

Well Gents, Bob, Rodney and I decided to fish today, despite the weather forecast for heavy rain and winds. Loaded the boat up at 5:30 am, Bagan to pull out of the driveway, bang,clank,clash,EEERRRKk. "Uht OOHH", Yup, Flat tire, already? Ok, I have an awesome set of tools, we can fix anything, is what Bob was thinking. I know he was. I can read minds. So we put air in the tire. Sweet, blew it off the bead. Yup!, Got it to seal, and next thing we know, the sidewall began to look like it was giving birth to a tennis ball...Interesting. Well, we knew we wanted to fish so we stole a tire off the spare trailer on the hill. Gets better, Tire size is completely different. Bolt pattern match? Yes, yes it does. Ok, bolt it on, and on the road at 6:30.

Watkins, 7:30, Boats nice and wet. Now we head on out to our secret spot. You know, the one on the south western end of Seneca Lake. Found plenty of murky, stained water from all of the nice runn off from tribs and drainage creeks. These areas were fun with the one flat line we had running through them. We made sure we looked like we werent catching fish. We ran north and south numerous times and caught fish on every pass from pier, to the salt plant and then some. Wind and waves were unforgiving, but the fishing was worth it. Almost hit a grand slam. Rainbows just didnt wanna snack today. Fish are everywhere from the shoreline to the middle of the lake, from the surface, down to the bottom. We covered this entire grid, catching fish from all depths on all colors today. Stinger spoons were out friend today. NK's wouldnt take a shot. Stinger copper mass confusion, and watermelon were hot, Along with a custom SBS spoon. Flat lines, Leadcores, Wires, Rigger were all taking fish. Wires gave us out lunker on a flasher fly rig. A 9.5 lb Landlock today.

bob_9_5_ll.jpg

All in all a good way to end my March 2011 fishing adventures. See you on the water in April fellas!!! Oh and if there is anything I left out..Just ask ;)

As always, tight lines, and safe boating,

NiCk

Some guys I know went out of Severne for perch and said that there was just a ripple on the West side, despite the wind. Go figure? Sounds like you guys pounded them...I wish I could have gotten out yesterday.

NICE :yes: LL is a beauty.

As for our planned

Heading out soon and hope to get out before the next shot of winter weather.

We headed out alright ...... for breakfast and hunting movies after checking forecast at 5:45. Drive home would've been tough.

Thanks for the pic and post

Thanks for the report and the pix....Pretty LL....Seems that the nice ones are caught in the winter.....I love days like you had....especially when I have guests on the boat... :yes::yes:8)