Cuba Lake

jimski2

As we did last year at this time we are wearing our chest waders to get out on the ice. We will be there at dawn, if things are no go, then we will do something else. Staying home on a Saturday is a no go.

I will pack the chest waders also. I just heard from the folks I am supposed to go with and the ice is ok once you get on it 12 inches or more. Hopefully some cold temps at night by Sat. everything will be just fine. I would like a fish dinner with a cold one Sat. night back at the cabin with the boys. Good luck to you.

Cuba Lake winners were a 29 inch northern pike, 21 inch walleye, 12 1/8 inch calicoe bass, 12 inch perch and a rock bass for odd fish. 41 entrants, nice day, I did not win but went home with 50 pounds of calicoes and perch for half a dozen meals until Lake Erie opens up.

Thanks to Scott Best, Wizard, for running the contest and sponsors- Bompas Bait of Rushford Lake, Whitetail Sports of Olean and Cutcoe Knives of Olean, maker of the finest filet knife made in the USA by United Steelworkers Union members.

I have two Cutcoe filet knives and they are the best, I have been cleaning fish for sixty years and there is no finer knife made in the world as it is sharp, fast and a long lasting edge.

I had had Cutco fillet knife and the blade broke. They replace it at no charge. The second knife blade also broke and it too was replaced, no questions asked. Both knives were well used. I agree they are a great knife. I love there adjustable blade and case with sharpener Their warranty and service is great. Both my brothers also have one.