humminbird 998c Si vs Lowrance HDS 8

am1325

I have had nothing but bad experience with Lowrance customer service. Try giving them a call to see why you should buy their product over hummingbird. Make sure you have 45 minutes or so to wait for a representative. I like the Furuno products myself, specifically the Furuno 585 unit. Billy V from this sight has good experience and probably could offer some sound insight on the Hummingbird products. Good luck.

:yes: on either Humminbird or Furuno. Personally the best option IMHO if you have the room is to run a Furuno FCV620 for fish next to a Garmin 536 for chartplotting for the best of all worlds. But that might just be me :talk:

I bought the HDS-8 with the LSS structure scan last spring and its awesome. the structure scan is unbelievable I found an old dock in my lake that has a board missing from the top of it and i can see it like it was a picture from a camera. If I ever learn how to down load the files I will post it. Lowrance customer service has gotten allot better that it used to be But i think they have a long way to come if they want to keep up with furuno they have a great customer service you cant go wrong with them :)