Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SteelieBum

A few from the past week

What creek did the BT come from???? Were any of its fins clipped? We have been stocking them on the PA shore in the last couple of years and that relatively young one could be one of ours...

NY has been stocking the Catt. for a long time. Since gobies, the brown trout fishery has really expanded on Erie. We may have a fishery one day where we could actually go out and target Browns instead of accidental catches. Every Brown I have caught out of Erie in the last few years have been very fat and healthy.

You are correct Gill T, but from my understanding, all of our "little ones" have distinctive fin clips depending upon which area our club stocked them and they have been moving around already - was curious if this was one of the movers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• This week in OZ (Labor Day weekend) Updated.

Fish and boats everywhere!  Fished Saturday PM, Sunday AM, Mon PM   Saturday PM We had a case of the dropsies only going 3 for 8. Wannabe paddle w/Musslehead Meat Rig continuing to take shots along with Valium Pro-troll paddle w/stud fly. Fished 100-140 or so with 110-120 being the best. Highlight was a Nice Coho!   Sunday AM Headed out to the same area well before sun up for the early bite and to beat the cluster at the ramp. Had our full spread out before the sun came

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• 60 pc NK lot mostly 28 a few mags Really nice lot

Huge lot of NK spoons all used some not much or not at all others - well used (bit!) 60 pieces total 8 mags, 52 28s Located in MN - will ship USPS to your USA location GREAT color selection Really great lot - hate to see them go. $200 shipped with paypal f/f payment (or  b/o) pm me here or direct at [email protected]

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Getting ready for pier fishing - a few questions

I fished the piers for salmon for the first time last year, without any luck - well I had one hookup for about 5 seconds.  The salmon were definitely there - jumpers everywhere most times I fished.    Looking back at my notes, from the beginning of the run in mid-Sept to mid Oct, I fished Summerville 6 times, Charlotte 2 times, Webster twice, and Oak Orchard once.  I tried various times including 8pm-2am, 4am-8am, and 10am-2pm.  I throw about 8 different 3/4oz Cleos (glows at night) -

in Open Lake Discussion

• This week in OZ 8/29

Fished 10 of the last 11 days (or something like that) Today & tommorrow are a blow off. Many different friends & family in/out of camp this month so we have been on the water a lot! Mostly afternoon/evening trips. Fished from 45'- 600' during this stretch. Couple of slow days, couple decent days and a few solid double digit days. Many Kings over 20lbs and 2 at about 26lb were the highlight. Couple of personal bests for some friends! Spent one evening chasing browns f

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• All last week

We fished all last week everywhere from Alex bay down to Blind bay. The large mouth fishing was fairly good but the smallies were really spread out. We caught a few more accidental Pike than normal but not a lot (while bass fishing). We also were able to get two eyes and a bowfin with some nice perch and crappies mixed in. All in all it was another great week on the St. Lawrence river . The worst part is now waiting until next June before we head back.

in St. Lawrence River Fishing Reports - 1000 Islands Fishing