Guys I am looking to set up my first wire rod, I am getting an early start as I need to spread the cost out so that the wife does not use the revolver on me. The question is I enjoy my 10' Talora rods for my divers but the cost of a 10' roller rod to an 8' is insane, so I was hoping to get some input on which length works best in this application thank you in advance :beer:

If it helps you, I run 8' foot Tolara roller rods and like them just fine.

I don't believe you will miss the extra foot and a half unless you need it to get outside a rigger or want to run more than one diver per side or something like that.

Glen

FYI .

I use a Diawa Heartland 9.5' with a twill tip , cost me less then $40.00 . They make a 10.5 ' too. With a longer rod you can have a longer leader off the diver and still get the fish in the net.

Good Luck !

I went with a set of Blue Diamond roller rods last season and loved them. A lot less drag when you reel in fish or just the dipsy. I have 8' rollers and 9 1/2' Heartlands with twillie tips for my other set. The longer rods are really nice in a smaller boat when running longer leads on divers.