Proposed Region 8 Finger Lakes regs changes

i think its a good idea to help the rainbows out, in the last couple of years i have noticed that the number of rainbows we have been catching is going down every year. so any help that they can get will great. also maybe if it was 1 fish a day not so many people will target them in the lakes and streams, which will also help alot. :yes:

Stopped at Catherine and its tribs yesterday, Lets just say i liked what i saw and seeing fish that are already dark, and possibly dropping back soon is nice.. :yes: . Crick might be high, the fish are flyin..

They arnt early enough, if the water level in the small tribs drops for the first week in April it will be a blood bath. Last three years they ran early first of Feb. This year we have had some cold weather. One good thing is a lot of snow is still on in the woods to come off, should keep the water up. Sean

• 1 year later...

TTT

This is where , (if ya didn't like what they were going to do) e-mails , letters should have been sent. I see no reason for them to make a change AGAIN till they get info back to how this change has help or MADE thing worst........ as far as 1 fish goes if ya box one and are worried about killing a bow , move , fish for lakers stop fishing.....the law is here now................sorry for the rant and I understand how some feel I fish alone 25% of the time and often have stopped fishing because I had a limit and didn't want to have to turn a HURT fish back do what you feel is best for you and the fishery.......... bought a bogo-grip so I did MORE CPR this year than before ............ next time you see a post like this , take the time to let the DEC know how you feel and what you think BEFORE they go thru all that has to be done to change a reg.

" Each to his own ", the farmer said, as he kissed his cow. Well, I fish for the freezer, the smoker , the pickling jar, the caviar pot. But I rarely release, and never take or sort fish after hitting the legal limit. I will go for another species, and one that probably does not overlap in habitat. I take no pleasure in killing these beautiful things, mallards, geese, deer, rabbits........no problem with turnip and acorn squash or black walnuts either. I like that farmer a lot.

Back out to Keuka Sunday or Monday. The bite was on last Wednesday and she and I had a great day with 9 lakers. I think I even saw Pete Collin and his buddy at the launch, and the foliage was peak, the wind way lighter than forecast.....simply not a thing to complain about.