New gear

Hey, fingerlakes boys, anyone looking for some good gear for spring head over to Hills, Valleys and Streams. I just got some more stuff yesterday, New shipment of everything and their wall of trolling gear is huge now. Definately swing in soon. Alot of Dr's on the wall now!! I wont deal with Watkins Tackle shop anymore...Not worth getting overcharged..

Nice to know Nick! I stopped there over the winter as one of the guys I work with rants about the store. I am sure they have a bigger selection as we get closer to fishing season.

Captains cove is getting a big shipment in and I am going to be stocking up with Michele who is matching some prices and will be down to Watkins Glen Flea market, so it will save on shipping to buy more stuff. Yee ha!

Paul

Where is that store you are talking about??? Haven't heard of it before.......Thanks I usually leave home on april 21st...Might restock there instead of Cabelas in Hamburg Pa. enroute.....Thanks again

I just finished ordering the stuff I felt I needed for the upcoming season.

Before I get anything new though I do the following; Starting after hunting season I make a list of stuff that needs to be repaired or serviced (reels,rod tip guides,etc). Then I fix that stuff. Then I start retying all my core & copper leaders and backing knots. Then I respool rigger reels that are due and replace all leaders. Then I reorganize all my baits back into their proper pads or files (this reminds me again how much crap I all ready have). When I'm done doing all that drudgery I allow myself to make a list of some new spoons,flies, flashers,etc that I would like to try by visiting various web sites and looking at stuff - I can drag that out for 3 weeks if the weather really sucks!). Then I comparison shop and try to get the list down to something like $150 or so from no more than 2 or 3 sources (that way I minimize shipping to less than I would spend driving to Pulaski). I have found that this is the best way for me to make sure that I get the stuff I all ready got organized & in proper working order b4 I get a bunch of new stuff that I probably don't really need. For me anyway, online shopping w/ a strict list minimizes walking out of a tackle store w a $100 worth of crap purchased on impulse. :o -Andy

Chowder!

That is a great approach for preseason prep. :yes: I should do that exactly but I don't and end up with lots of stuff I don't need and won't use or duplicate stuff I allready have that is hidden in my "Unique Tackle Storage Syst."

Atleast you can find your's I go out and buy more THEN find it.... :P ............. :@

I am an avid bead fisherman and for anyone out there looking for some quality beads I recently ordered and received some very quality beads from the website www.flyfishingbuddies.com these guys have some quality catches on their product called moeroe. I don't know for sure but think that they have two sites one where they post vids, pics and such (www.flyfishingbuddies.com) and one where you order their product (www.moeroe.com). from the vids and pictures they seem very effective.

Cheers & Tight Lines

• 2 weeks later...