Trolling April brown trout

Hello all,

I was wondering what is the best time in April to troll brown trout along the sands not far from Henderson Harbor.As a child a friends father who had since past took us and we had a blast trolling along what was called the sands?I believe we left from stony creek boat launch and went left after getting to lake .Would like to take my son in april but not sure if the weekend of april 9 would be to early for weather and fishing the browns?

Thanks for any advise

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer to your target date and weather has been very cold. Nights nave been down in the teens the last week and next week seems little better, especially with the accompanying north wind. The water hasn't warmed very much and we need a wind change and some warm days and perhaps warm rain to change things around.

That said, things can turn around in a hurry. As stated, west of Stony can be very good. I generally fish from Stony area all the way to Oswego area and trail my boat to area holding warmest water. I usually check out web sites to get undated satellite surface temp as a guide. I had good luck with browns, and a few lakers and Atlantics last spring.

Thanks for the update Kevin,from what I have been seeing looks like we may have some luck with the weather for our weekend mid 40's all week and our plans are to go! ?very excited and cant wait !Hope the browns are in and biting.I will post my results.Wondering what is the website link for surface temps?

Thanks

Mike

It still may be a bit early out of stony yet. This is normally where I do my first few shakedown runs of the year because I live in watertown(only 15mins from launch). Cold water temps still from what I've heard from the few people I've talked to that launched out of there. No fish caught either. Water levels were reported as good, or better than last year anyhow. We're trailering down to mexico thurs. to try our luck. Best of luck, like others have said the fishing can be very good with a lot browns and lakers.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png