Mathews Monster

The where is the easy question... Indian Mountain Archery in Hamlin.. Phil will get it set up right for you.. you won't be disappointed..

If it were me, I would go with the Z9.. I shot one and it is unbelievable.. In my opinion, there is more to it than speed. I will give up speed for a silent bow that is more forgiving.. that is what you get with the Z9...

Good Luck!!

I have an old Mathews ultra mag that I have had for years. Payed a small fortune for it then. It served me well and still is 100 percent. I have since switched to a Mathews Lx and it is a great shooting bow also. My 2 cents is that the Mathews are one heck of a bow with one heck of a price tag to go with it. I probably wont buy another Mathews because I feel that there are sooo many bows on the market that are just as good at a lower price.

I like to hunt with the same bow for a good time too. The Browning Heat I bought in 95 still shoots ok, it's just kinda clunky now and the top limb has a small crack on the outside laminate. Figure its time ;)

I'll pay alot more if the quality is there and I'll get 10 years or so out of it. I mean 8 or 9bills for 10 or 12 years of success :yes:

after you shoot a new Mathews you will wanna kick yourself in the butt for taking so long to upgrade! theres no comparison from 95 to 2011 bows.. i havent shot any of the Monsters but if it shoots like my Z7 Xtreme u wont be disappointed!... id suggest Little Ridge Archery in Gasport .. Roy is top notch!

I have an old Matthews MQ32 that I still love to shoot but they've come a long way since them. If you're in Avon, you can try Bullzeye Archery, the shop behind the Outdoor Store on 5&20 in Bloomfield (just past Toomeys Corners) or Traditions Archery in Henrietta, 2199 E. Henrietta Rd. Traditions & Indian Mountain are both listed on the Mathews site as official retailers.

i dont think the outdoor store carries mathews, The monster is going to be very very different from other mathews bows. Mathews has been known for years for a solocam bow but you can only get so much speed out of a solocam bow. As the years have gone by speed freaks have demanded more speed so Matt Mcpherson came out with the Mcpherson series monster bows with a dual cam. These produced the speed everybody was craving and it came from a great quality name, Mathews. I have shot most of them since they came out.

If you want a hyper speed bow with a tough draw and a lil hump in the draw cycle go with monster. Still great quality bow with a great finish and a great company behind the name. I always love the look of the specs of the monsters till i pull em back and it feels like a mack truck. *Disclaimer* i have a crappy shoulder so take it with a grain of salt

I have found that if you would like a great bow with a silky easy draw then look to the solocam mathews. They are a great overall hunting and target bows with pretty darn good speed and the able to put down any north american animal. Go with a solocam.

Everybody is different and everyone should shoot each bow and see what they like the most. People may think i am crazy with my review but that is my.02 and it may only be worth that :beer::beer::beer::beer:

• 4 months later...

I have a monster. Awesome bow. It is heavy though. Also its dual cam so it has a very hard build up and sharp break point. Great bow. But not anywhere near as smooth as there solo cams. But there are shots I know I pull at 30 yds andits still in the black. Do yourself a favor anddont cheap on the rest. Get a Qad drop away.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I bought a new Z9 from Phill at Indian mountain and I love that almost 83/4" BH. I shot a ton of bows and this was a very smooth drawing and very forgiving bow. I am not into speed so if that is your thing this bow might not be for you but for hunting whitetails in wny I could not find a better bow for me! Hands down Phil race at inidian mountain is the best shop owner, bow tech and shooting coach I have ever come across in 35 years of bowhunting. There are other great guys out there with more selection but if i was giving a recommendation to somebody wanting to buy a Mathews or Mission bow it would be him!

I got the mathews DXT and love it to death. Quite, Fast, and forgiving!!!!And like many other people have said Phil at Indian Mountain is the man.Not sure where you would be coming from but no matter where it is it is worth the drive! :yes:

Matt

-jakey baby-

Picking up a Z9 from Phil tomorrow as well... Ditto what Gene said.. It doesn't get any better than Indian Mountain.

The time Phil spends with you in priceless!!

I used to have the fastest thing out there, but I guess i have matured a bit and now realize that shot placement is what it is all about. I kind of laugh anyway because people talk about a 310 or 315 fps bow as "slow"?????

Just got done sizing up my new Z7 at Indian Mountain... Cant wait to shoot it.

I wonder if they make a Block archery target that floats? We could all bring our bows tomorrow...

I have an old Mathews ultra mag that I have had for years. Payed a small fortune for it then. It served me well and still is 100 percent. I have since switched to a Mathews Lx and it is a great shooting bow also. My 2 cents is that the Mathews are one heck of a bow with one heck of a price tag to go with it. I probably wont buy another Mathews because I feel that there are sooo many bows on the market that are just as good at a lower price.

I won a Mathews Drenalin a few years back and it's a very fine bow but I gotta agree with Grey, there's nothing magical about these bows! If I hadn't gotten the Mathews for free I might well be shooting my old Alpine which had 26 'notches' on it when my son took it over. The newer, more efficient bows are certainly better, but frankly I can't see spending Mathew size buck$ when so many companies are producing truly awesome bows for so much less.

I know what you mean. I got my Mathews MQ-32 free from the North American Hunting Club but until then had been perfectly happy with my Golden Eagle. Now I'm married and own a mortgage - I'll never have that kind of spare change.

• 1 month later...

I'm shooting a Mathews MQ1 I got new in 1999,it killed a lot of deer and I'm still happy with it. Last week the lamination on the lower limb split, it has a life time warranty, I've got the new limbs and I'm back in business, thank you Mathews. :)

when most think of bows they think speed,which is important.

If ya been around bows a few years (I started 42 yrs ago) youve seen as many changes and Improvements .sorta like going from altari game to the play station of today..

compare different brands and a important question for "today" is not so much speed but "coefficency"

a extra 4 to 8oz in weight is worth the extra 10 to 15% in efficency gained...TRUST ME.

I went from a good Martin to a Used "mathews outback" i was shooting tighter groups the first day with the mathews at 50 yds than with the martin at 40yds and would never consider a 50 yd shot till now...Im now shootin 6 in groups at 50 yds and dont consider myself a "good "bow shooter...but the mathews improved me 50 % ..

Ray K.