sliding weights

is anyone using sliding weights off their boards ? gibbs or peets? I have a 3 oz and a few 6 oz weights but i want some 1,2 and 4 ouncers. Does anyone know where i can buy these? I just bought the last of the smallest ones at rainbow sports in north tonawanda. I know i can use other kinds of weights but these are real nice to use.

Hi Dewey 123,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not, but I happen to have in the tackle shop right now some Off Shore Tackle Tadpole Weights (also called resettable diving weights). I have both OR-36 size 1 and size 2.

http://www.offshoretackle.com/resettabl ... ights.html

Also, here is a Q&A from their website:

What are the two weights and how big are they? What depth ranges would they get a crankbait down to?

A. The Tadpoles are called OR36 1 (Size 1) and OR36 2 (Size 2). We don't go by weight; the depth for them is about 28' for the Size 1 and 31 for the Size 2 with 160' of line out. This is at 1.5 mph and is only about 10% less at 2.5 mph. Both were designed for stickbaits, spoons and spinners but time will tell how they react to big lipped cranks. I recommend putting a different length of line out and letting the fish tell you which is right. The same is true of the OR20 Pro Weight System.

These are easily mailed if you don't want to drive out to Waterport.

~ Michele

Captain's Cove Resort, Inc.

http://www.fishcaptainscove.com/

[email protected]

585-682-3316

Ill have to check that when I get home. What I'm talking about are lead weights look like a little 3 inch football with 2 wires that your line goes through and a spring like loop that pinches your line in place and when you get a bit it will slide down to your lure

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png