One Boat That Can Do It All

fitz67

Looking for a boat that can be set up to troll lake ontario for salmon/trout and handle erie for bass and walleye

Also throw in the upper and lower niagara for drifting when the lakes are to rough and the occasional trip to the finger lakes. Also needs to fish 4 without being to crowded. Does such a boat exist or is this wishfull thinking ?

The king of the multi species boats are lunds. 19 footer will do fine. Alumnacraft also makes a nice boat. You kinda need a deep v for offshore stuff. Just need to watch the weather a bit. Jax has a nice Lund and that guy goes out in some snotty stuff.

As far as the lower and drift fishing, most of the guides have aluminum rigs. Glass boats and sheet ice don't work well together. Good luck with your search...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Oops....forgot about starcraft..... They are good rigs also. The main thing is having that deep v and high gunnels. My brother has a 19 pro v and we have done everything from trolling kings in 3 fters to catching smalls off Barcelona.....good luck

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Yeah, Arima's are really nice boats, but I think a tin can is more along the lines of what he was looking for especially if he plans on doing any winter steelhead drifting on the Lower Niagara. Glass and icebergs don't go well together :)

Tim

Yeah, Arima's are really nice boats, but I think a tin can is more along the lines of what he was looking for especially if he plans on doing any winter steelhead drifting on the Lower Niagara. Glass and icebergs don't go well together :)

Tim

....like I said , "there is always a trade-off". :smirk:

Wasn't the Titanic a "tin boat"
Yes, but that crew decided to ignore the sea conditons.

I use an older 18 ft'r that isn't made anymore so I can't recomend you buy one of them. However I've seen some real nice looking Lunds in that size range. If you're going to haul it & fish in so many different conditions, you'll be hard pressed to find anything better than the 18-19 ft "tin can." Definitely look for the high gunnels on anything for the Big-O.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I will be taking delivery of a 2011 Hewescraft Searunner 220 on 4-1-11. These are probably one of the very toughest boats out there. I fish Lake Ontario, Oneida Lake & the fingers, & after many years of study, I am retiring my Lund Newport 2100 CC for this boat.

Tim;

My boat has a bimini top with full side & rear curtins (not a hard top/pilothouse), & I am buying it from Calumet Marine/Frank Martin. I was at his shop last week determining the location of all of the rigging/electronics.

Getting hard to get a full nights sleep lately.

See you in Olcott for the Spring LOC, providing all goes well.

Thanks for the kind words!!!!!!!

Tim;

My boat has a bimini top with full side & rear curtins (not a hard top/pilothouse), & I am buying it from Calumet Marine/Frank Martin. I was at his shop last week determining the location of all of the rigging/electronics.

Getting hard to get a full nights sleep lately.

See you in Olcott for the Spring LOC, providing all goes well.

Thanks for the kind words!!!!!!!

Lookin forward to pics of the new ride. Is it I/O or outboard? That's a beautiful rig, congrats

Musky

Honda outboard's for power, 225 4 stroke main power & 8 hp 4 stroke kicker, 85 gal fuel tank, at least 350 miles range at cruising speed with a WOT of 50+MPH fully loaded

I don't think you can get an I/O or inboard in a Hewes.

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbor ..Zeke has a Crestliner that is a fine looking boat....He goes under the walk bridge at T-Park on Cayuga and I've seen him and Cyn fishing tournaments with whitecaps....Check out the " Crestliner "..Also another neighbor has a 19 ft. Lund and he thinks nothing of going to Ontario for a week....Always brings back nice Kings......so He's out there on the big pond 8)

I will be taking delivery of a 2011 Hewescraft Searunner 220 on 4-1-11. These are probably one of the very toughest boats out there. I fish Lake Ontario, Oneida Lake & the fingers, & after many years of study, I am retiring my Lund Newport 2100 CC for this boat.

I'm officially jealous as hell & will finally force you to take me out after waldo on Oneida this fall! ;) -Andy

I have had many fishing boats over the years and now enjoy all you mentioned in a 19' Lowe, 115hp. Three is best but 4 anglers can all be seated, deep V is a must and yes it is a tin can, but an all welded one.