Seneca Grand Slam 03/18/11

It was one great day on Seneca today. It was my first trip of the year since the shake down trip last week. Myself and Al got our two guys loaded up at Severne and we were headed South by 7:15. The guys wanted to try to get a Brown, Bow, Salmon, and a Laker. We put our plan into action a good 3 miles North of the South end hot spot ( West Side ). I didn't run the wires first thing only boards and two riggers. We had copper on the right ( 50ft, 75ft, and 100ft) and Core on the left (4, 6, and 8, color) Riggers were parked at 50 and 80. As the first line hit the water it took off with a nice fat brown :o . As fast as I could get them out we had fish on 4 more Browns. As we trolled South we found the salmon from the top down to 80ft. It took me over 3 hours to get 8 rods out. In the first two hours 20 fish had hit the deck. We had Browns, some big Salmon two nice Bows both of which had not been up the creek. Now we had to find a Laker; that one Laker was the hardest fish to get today and the only Laker we caught today but we got him down 80 on the rigger (flasher fly). The guys had booked an 8hr trip so now the goal was to try to hit the 40 fish mark. At 2:10 it was all ove,r number 40 hit the swim platform and went back in the Lake. It was one of the best days I have had with silver fish on Seneca. Also we were able to let most of all the fish go :yes: . The guys went home with a two man limit and the rest went back in the Lake. Spoons and Cranks took all the fish, the one Laker hit on the flasher and fly. We were out deeper than most and had to slow down to 1.8 at the ball. Every rod took fish, depth and speed were much more important today than lure color. I got a couple pics of some they took home, the rest were let go at the back of the boat. Sean

IMG_6767.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

• 2 weeks later...