Another Seneca 3/19 report

We arrived at Seneca at about 1 30 PM, since we had fished Lake Ontario early in the AM (See South Shore Sodus report thread for that story.) The mudline at the south end was very productive, with all fish coming on sticks off planer boards.

I didn't keep track but at least 25 hits in about 3 1/2 hours. I don't fish Seneca that often but I may have to give it another try. Sounds like "Hooked Up" had a good day also. He must have got off the water before we arrived. The only other boat around was a duck boat coming to the launch as we arrived. he had done well also he said.

Was that the best looking duck boat you have ever seen! I was at the launch looking it over at the marina when he came in, a 25 ft aliminum duck boat loaded, never seen a duck boat look so good. He said he had been murdering the landlocks, Excellent.!

Plan on going out in the AM with another boat.

If anyone is out there tommorow morning I will be in a 24ft PennYan on channel 86.

BTW- the Marina launch is inacessible, looked like the clute Park launch a week ago. The Clute Park launch is clean, heard they were down there this week cleaning it. Looks nice! Great Job and thx!!!

Paul

Thanks for the reports! The last 2 trips to Seneca have been slow for us so Cayuga was our next stop however I hear the mud line is larger than usual this year. I plan to get out during the week so my choice might be seneca again.

That was my buddy and I on the duck boat. Its his boat and it rides like a dream! Its a Duck Water Boat that he bought on long island the end of January and Wednesday was the first time it has seen fresh water! We hunted eiders and scoters off of Montouk in 6 foot seas and had a blast. Took several brant and divers out of it too before bringing it home.

Oh as for the fishing.... on Wednesday we fished from 930 am till dark and boated over 80 fish! (that isn't a fish story!!) surface temp was 42.2 and they had the fed bag on!! Saturday we fished from 7am till 3ish and boated 18 LL salmon with one 10lber! Once I figur out how to upload the pic from my phone i will post it.

Tight lines all!