Rods

I am looking to replace a couple downrigger rods, the ones i have are old and would like to update, both are 8'6" which I think they don't even make anymore,I see 9 & 10s out there,just looking for a basic mediocre rod for rigging,dipsey and flat lining a bit.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Al

I'll second the Okuma's nice rod for the price...I recently purchased the 8' shimano TDR's medium fast action and am very happy with them they have enough backbone to pull the dipsies and are managable in my 14' lund. my trolling rods are 8'6 okuma's and have been happy with both set ups.

Tom

I have been running the Eagle Claw SF-400A rods for close to 10 years now and love them! I have (6) of them on the boat and use a combination of the older Daiwa SG-47LC and the newer LCA reels on them. I also use a pair of them for my leadcore setups. Dipseys I am using the Daiwa Heartland rods.

7 & 8' Shimano TDR's $30 price & several actions to choose from. Best rod around for the money IMHO.

Remember, the longer the rod the more torque the fish can put on the angler, it's the old lever physics problem!