no boat. where to fish shoreline?

So I am curious as to where i can fish for the spring trout? I know everyone has boats and friends with boats, but unfortunately the only friend I have/had a boat was a close friend who passed in july :( so all winter I have been fishing by myself. I know i can go to some tribs. However was curious....the mouth of the genny into lake ontario? Down by summerville? Any input/ideas/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hung

====================

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

The piers at the genny are really good at the right times, get there early in the Am,

and throw out, some smithwicks, or cleos, mepp spinners work well too. both piers can be good, summerville is a a little better I think ,easier too net them also, the charlotte side u need a real long handled net, the piers get really hot in the spring, I have done very well early in the year like now, lots of coho's come in with the water being cold now, browns

usually a little later, when it warms up a bit,, I will be down there soon, anymore questions send me a PM... gonna heat up soon, good luck, and expieriment with different

lures and bait, egg sacks work also.. Rick

Olcott piers with light north or NW winds fish the inside water. With southerly or western winds fish the end or lake side mostly. Minnow under a bobber with a 4' lead, and second rod to chuck small spoons or stickbaits. ;)

I-bay piers, Summerville, Charlotte and Webster Park piers are all good. Look for the green water around the piers and you will have good fishing. If the water is crystal clear don't waste your time.

Olcott piers with light north or NW winds fish the inside water. With southerly or western winds fish the end or lake side mostly. Minnow under a bobber with a 4' lead, and second rod to chuck small spoons or stickbaits. ;)

talk about "spots".....

rock on there..... :yes:

where did the chrome fish go?????

not too the dam I know....

If you see a small creek that empties into the lake, it could be great. Fish in the plume on the windward side that pockets the warm water. If you see a color line, all the better. Cruise the shore, stop at any parking spot that you can leagaly fish & take a few casts,even witout a creek. . This time of year till mid April , you could be surprized .Adjust lure size & color to clarity. Cleos or sticks. I've had a rattletrap work well in dirty water. Longer spin rod( 7'min) 8 lb max.

Sorry to hear about your friend. There's alway open spots on boats with guys from this site - pm me if you'd like to go out on my boat sometime. Webster park piers :yes: Hamlin :yes: Fish are caught all over - just have to be in the right place at the right time, tossin the right lure, at the right speed, color, flash, time of day...... you get the picture. Bottom line is; get out and enjoy no matter where ya go!

Shawn

All the areas people mentioned are good ones...

My only additional information is at Hamlin the park police told me fishing is only allowed on the one main jetty...They kept kicking me off the other ones last year, thankfully no tickets just warnings...

All the areas people mentioned are good ones...

My only additional information is at Hamlin the park police told me fishing is only allowed on the one main jetty...They kept kicking me off the other ones last year, thankfully no tickets just warnings...

THey need something to do all day! :D

Fished off the end of the pier at the mouth of the Genny yesterday. 1.5 hrs, 1 hit 1 lost fish on a orange/silver spoon .5 oz. Didn't see what it was... I was popping the spoon, this fish hit it on the drop.

Headed to I-bay and Webster today to check those out. Temps in the 20s and dusting snow outside. Perfect day for fishing, right?