Cayuga March 20th

Launched from Treman park at 7 am with my brother Spanky and pal Aron. The launch had some skim ice but otherwise was clear. During our run down to Taughananack we noticed some floating debris but nothing major like a picnic table or someones outhouse(saw those last year). When we got to the point we set up the otter boats trolling small sticks and started to catch some nice salmon and one big brown trout. We just kept trolling across the point and 1/4 mile on either side in 30-60 feet of water. Our speed was 2.3 to 2.5 mph and the hot colors were chartreuse and black/silver. Most of the salmon were between 20-24 inches long. We lost count how many hook up but I would say at least 18. Only two of the fish were small. We kept enough for dinner and through the rest back. I let spanky drive for a while and he drove too close to shore.(about 150 feet) The board came within casting distance of some hacker on shore who started yelling and cussing at us. He then purposefully cast across our lines in an attempt to steal our lures. He got one rattlin rogue which is a small price to pay for a great day fishing. We also had pretty good action off my one working downrigger. Hot spoons were orange and silver mooslook and silver stingers. I wonder if the fishing was good due to the "Super Moon". Ps warmest water I could find was 37 degrres. There was some floating debris but a lot less than i have seen in past years.

cayugabrown.jpg

good report nice fish :yes:

Thanks Jason. I always look for your Seneca reports and learn a ton of stuff from you. You are the man! I like to go warm places in the winter and fish because I am a big pussy. I Caught some nice fishi in Costa Rica this winter. Have a great day Jason and please KEEP posting.

Dave

i would like to start this post by saying nice catch and congrats. but i do have another agenda. those "hacks" are good friends of mine and on most days outfish the boats from shore. i'm not saying i agree with casting over you're lines, but i also don't agree with the constant stream of planer boards running through the only water us hacks '[fishermen without boats] have to fish. i understand where these shore fishermens anger comes from having had to deal with this for years there is a lot of lake out there and you have acess to all of it and we have very little. if the fish are in tight thats great for us and you ,just try not to troll were we cast. most of us use light line and heavy weight so we can cast quite a ways so please give us a wide birth. i've already talked to the shore parties responsable and told them how iresponsable they were. give us as much room as you would give another boat and we shouldn't have any problem.