120 members have voted

1. 1. What town should we ALL nominate?

• 1. Pulaski
    • 2. Oswego
    • 3. Rochester
    • 4. Olcott
    • 5. Wilson
    • 6. Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard

Folks WFN (world fishing network) is hosting a 25,000 dollar contest. I think we should agree on a town and start hammering in nominations. It seems like 25k could do alot for a pen project and it might only take everyone just a lil effort to nominate, add pictures and video etc.... Any suggestions on what town so that we all nominate the same town. Hey It would benefit the whole lake anyway. We should decide on one soon. The town in Canada that I spend all my time I think is going to win the Canadian version of this same contest. Check the contest out here ------> http://www.wfnfishingtown.com/nominate-your-town.php

I can't believe you didn't even mention Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard. :devil: I voted...."Other". Pt. Breeze is the ULTIMATE fishing town. You have 4 boat ramps, 6 marinas, 3 restaurants, lots of Fisherman Rooms and 1 bar and the BEST fishing on Lake Ontario. What more could you ask for? :beer::yes:

I can't believe you didn't even mention Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard. :devil: I voted...."Other". Pt. Breeze is the ULTIMATE fishing town. You have 4 boat ramps, 6 marinas, 3 restaurants, lots of Fisherman Rooms and 1 bar and the BEST fishing on Lake Ontario. What more could you ask for? :beer::yes:

I just changed it for you Paul, your vote went towards Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard ;)

My team and myself travel all over Lake Ontario every season! We fish from Sandy Pond, NY. to as far as Bluffers Canada. We have tested every drinking hole :beer: and every fishing hole! :clap: We have met many of crazy fisherman like myself. We spend tons of money on fuel,lodging,docking, and nightlife just to fish the Big O! Our home port is Oswego in the fall, Wilson in the spring! Don't get me wrong I love both of these places very much! However, my choice is by far the Oak! This port has it all! Those guys at the Oak just have fish blood running thru their veins! For what reason? Because the fishing there is the most consistant I have ever seen on the lake. Why else would our team run from Oswego to the Oak at 11 o'clock at night to prefish for the Sodus Pro-am? So I am with you Paul! :yes: for Oak Orchard!

Team SCREAMER ATOMMIK

I voted Oswego cause I love it here and I am happy getting out on the water whenever I can in my own home town, would always want to frequent the home waters first during any chance to compete for anything!!!

But I like many ports as they can all have their time !!!! In the last few years I have visited and fished over 10 ports on both shores

What little I know about the Oak is the night life at the Black North !!!

The Orleans County Pro/Am from my experience has the toughest fishing, or at least in the past few years, a few years back we had like 10 bites over 2 days and that was good for 10th place.... OUCH

So maybe you guys like the Oak for different times of the year but it would be the first Pro/Am venue I would be happy to miss (: after the poor fishing during that time frame

Oswego had the A-TOM-MIK Challenge grow to 71 teams last year and that means potential but outside of that the tourney scene here has sucked and has gone downhill year after year so Oswego may not be the best choice unless there was adequate promotion of some sort. I think our potential is huge under a different agenda.

Great thought Mike !!!

Tom

Dear Tom,

If you can't catch fish at the Oak then you better go to fishing school! :lol:

2nd, if you need info about night life :inlove: just give me a ring! :lol:

I agree with you that Oswego has lot's of potential for a top notch fishery port. If the fishing on the lake in Oswego is as good as it is on land :inlove::beer: then I would have voted for it. Maybe next year it will get my vote! :*

Capt. Hucklebucker

Olcott is my home port, but as an overall fishing town, I also gotta pick the Oak. Olcott has great fishing all season long as well, but in all honesty, everything else doesn't come close to what Oak Orchard offers.

Tim