120 members have voted

1. 1. What town should we ALL nominate?

• 1. Pulaski
    • 2. Oswego
    • 3. Rochester
    • 4. Olcott
    • 5. Wilson
    • 6. Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard

OK Tom, and how's the king fishing out of Oswego in mid June?? Is Oswego somehow immune to the lake transition period?

I'm just sayin'

:P:P:P:P

Tim

Or July. Or early to mid August. In fact, with the exception of the brown trout and the 1 WEEK when some kings show up Oswego has NOTHING except ROUGH WATER, bars and college chicks. Not that the latter is a bad thing. :devil:

We'll have them odd years here, but BT's have won many a tournament, and will again !!!

BT fishing is pretty much a given for those who are out on a regular basis, just about year round

2003 to 2007 we had ample King fishing from the get right straight through with only a few blunders of weather, this following our first mature run of penned fish in 03

The last 3 years have been super tough right into Sept. here, weather probably the biggest culprit

But the Oak (from what little I know and from what little I have fished it) has nothing on Oswego during that time frame namely, or quite frankly at all IMO

I even referenced that

Oswego has potential ~~ huge potential, most know what we have here, and on a year round basis, almost always someting to fish for, will always be a few who can't take it here due to weather or our tough fishing, somewhat d/t the return for the fall run and fish are a bit tougher to catch as they have circled the lake !! (:~~

Oswego is only running a tad behind in votes currently and I haven't even rallied the troops.... (:

Tom

I Voted for O-Town! My new home starting this year for mid june thru september! We are very much looking forward to it. First Class Marina's, Top flight mechanics and access to everything you need is the reason we moved from the little salmon. Short runs to deep water is attractive. Granted we get the weather, but there is always fish to catch.

Dont get me wrong I love the West end of Lake O!! But my heart will always be an East Ender! :beer:

Have been to many of the different ports across the lake. They all have great things about them and I have great memories from them all.

But I have to vote for the Oak. It has to be the most consistent port once the lake sets up.

Jeff

Perhaps we should do two different polls.

One for fishermen......"What is the best "FISHING" port on the lake?"

And one for the partiers......"What is the best "NIGHTLIFE" port on the lake?"

For sheer numbers and variety of fish within easy reach its the OAK. :yes:

For after fishing partying I would have to give the nod to Sodus with Oswego a close second. :beer:

Did a quick google search on "Homer", thought I might have been out of the loop?

Results:

Homer embodies several American working class stereotypes: Crude, overweight, incompetent, clumsy, lazy and ignorant

?????

Nope I meant it as a dedicated cheerleader for the home town, no matter what.

Tim

I'm not a partier and only follow suit to watch the good times, so its about fishing to me !!

For sheer numbers and variety of fish (over a given time frame) it is definately Oswego !!!

I recall about 10 solid years of approx. 100 to 200 trips/years by every captain in Oswego taking 25 lakers/day for months on end, with a new LT program in place its possibly on its way back

The numbers of BT's is non-measurable and simply unreal until you have experienced it, still to date the captains who run trips for clientele wanting to box out, at times are back to the dock before 9 am with 5 limits/boat

The Kings like I mentioned were best ever for us from 2003 to 2007 for numbers concerning Oswego, and fish spread throughout the entire season, but we have always had banner fall runs of Kings, even topping the LOC board from the past some years with 17 out of the top 20 all coming from Fair Haven and to east of Oswego, all in all for quality if you were to tally all LOC numbers from al years I think you would find the eastern basin leading the ranks with Oswego the Nucleous

Maybe Oswego is taking a back seat as of the last few years to the Oak, but who knows what 2011 will bring, like I said our potential IMO is the best, we have seen it all, had it all and are rip roaring ready for another season

Tom

What variety of fish are easier to find at the Oak then at Oswego? Lets keep in mind that Oswego produces world class walleye every spring as well.

Steelhead mainly. You can catch a steelhead pretty much any time of the year without trying hard at the Oak while the guys at Oswego would have given their left manhood for even one steelhead on most of their days there last year.

I'm not going to get into a us vs. them debate with Cheerleader Tom. I have a lot of good friends in Oswego who are VERY good fishermen and I do enjoy my trips there. However, if it weren't for the lakers 20 years ago and the browns of today Oswego would be nothing more than a college town with a nuke plant. ;( Perhaps Tom can rally his troops and bolster the Oswego poll numbers now----I'm sure the City and County will appreciate it. :lol:

Just wanted to say great Idea Mike, great thought, whatever port takes er down will get my final vote:

I sort of have to play caution here as I have freinds who would kill me for spilling the beans on some of the fishery that is available here !!

The amount of Steelhead and Walleye here would rattle the calmest sole, I got one buddy who catchs and releases Walleye from the opener til about the 3rd week in June, many pushing that 11 to 13# mark and for 1 guy literal hundreds a season.

Our winter steelhed fishery since the pens gets silly "at times" some clientele have quit drift boast trips early as they had enough once into the 30's and 40's fought. Quality as well !!!!

It can really be a "Trophy of a lifetime" type place, I've had about 10 fish put on the wall through the years including Palamino Steelhead, Huge eye's, Gargantua BT, big ole Bow's and Skamania. The list goes on..... 12" Yellow Perch and Callies to 16", not a fan of Hijackers Smallies but during a walleye derby once we took smallies from 15 to 20" so frequently they were a pain in the azz..... (:

Tom

OK folks at midnight sat whatever is the leading vote get we should all start nominating for that town whether it be pt breeze or oswego. Incude things like video's, pictures, tackle shops, etc... nightlife (g - rated) lol Regardless of what port you are pulling for please take the time to nominate the winner as it will somehow benefit the entire lake. ;)

I can't believe you didn't even mention Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard. :devil: I voted...."Other". Pt. Breeze is the ULTIMATE fishing town. You have 4 boat ramps, 6 marinas, 3 restaurants, lots of Fisherman Rooms and 1 bar and the BEST fishing on Lake Ontario. What more could you ask for? :beer::yes:

AGREED!

True Paul and I would agree with you (maybe the 1st) I do rally here and I am sure the City and County will appreciate it !!!!

Too bad I get a kick in my pearly whites for my efforts :rofl:

Tom

Well Tom, you ARE the Mayor of Oswego, Aren't you??? :D:D:D