120 members have voted

1. 1. What town should we ALL nominate?

• 1. Pulaski
    • 2. Oswego
    • 3. Rochester
    • 4. Olcott
    • 5. Wilson
    • 6. Pt. Breeze/Oak Orchard

Kevin speaks! Brother you know we love your marina! The highest class! Cleanest! Top shelf! on the lake! and I mean that! As I stated in my first post, We love both Wilson and Oswego. I would definately vote for Wilson if the question was the nicest and cleanest port! I admit that I am that guy that tells Kevin save me a spot every year for life! I am the guy that never wants to leave there! However my fishing experience on the western basin taught me that the water changes there alot. Temps flip! Fish move overnight! Currents are strong! As I also stated that I felt the Oak fishing has been consistent not only in the Pro-ams we have fished but also when we started traveling there 15 years ago with Big Gene's Penn Yan.The water and currents there seem to be more adaptable to catch fish. Always caught something even in transition June. So I didn't vote Oak just because we won "2" Pro-am's there.I love the whole lake from North to South! East to west! If Wilson was 2 and a half hours from my home like Oswego is, that's where my home port would be even if I had to buy a blow boat and put riggers on it to get a dock. Why am being the one that is getting tarred and feathered?lol As I also stated our team and I spend money in all the ports that were voted on. We like to spend Big Gene's money all over the lake! :lol See ya soon boy!

Rochester is by far the most consistent fishing from april to october. Unfortunately the county of monroe does nothing to promote it. To many other large industries keep the dollar going, dont dont need fisherman to survive. The fishing does not suck because of this, it actually makes it better for the few of us that are out there doing it. Just my views after 34 years of fishing there.

Hey listen guys.When your Italian Mother say's it to you, you have to know what it means.

MULTIPLE MEANINGS (stu.gatz)

1)ballz

2)****

3)forget about it

4)BS

Favorite port-damn their all great when you love fishing "Lady O"

Even a Polish-Indian can figure that one out

Hucklebuck, Hucklebucked, Hucklebucking, Hucklebucketed, Hucklebuckery

:The art of deception, or to bluff, trickery, to mislead, caution required, clever

Looked it up online and as a verb to be hucklebucked had one meaning of "to convert to cash" duh !!! That pretty much sums it up !!!

Also actually found this pronunciation in an English dictionary: skrēm´ẽr

Tom

So Greg, when my dad hollered "stugots" in traffic, he mean't number 2, right? LOL! Funny how we grew to learn how to use these terms, just by his tone of voice!

This ones not as tough, "face' brutta' " Face like a brute. In other words, could stop a clock. So in a tirade, like many we witnessed it went something like this- "Stugots, face' brutta', FANABALA!!!!"

Funny stuff now to look back (for you Italiano guys, lol)

Back when you feared your parents and showed respect in return with a zippered face !!

Now days my children rule me, and when I raise my voice they are like "Yeah right Dad, whatever" and off they go

The school calls to set-up counselor appointments d/t too long of time-outs.

lol Vince !!!!

Would much rather here "Hey Azz-hole, you got a face like a brute, go to H*LL" instead of the current day drive-by shootings

Tom

Any port on Lake Ontario is great. I fish many of tournamnets all across the lake and enjoy my time spent every time out. Sometimes as fisherman we forget what its really about. To me catching a fish is just a bonus. The friendships Ive made from each port, along with all the memories is something I wouldnt trade for anything. Fishing is what you make of it. Some of us fish because its our job, others fish because it just a hobby but at the end of the day we all do it because we have an inner love for it. The feeling a king salmon screaming line out, the diver rod cracking over, the big one that got away, and the list goes on. Thats what keeps us fishing. We should all be thankful that we have such a great fishery at hands reach. BEST PORT nah BEST LAKE... LAKE ONTARIO!!!!!

It seems to me this has become a battle of which port has the best fishing, rather than the broader question raised in the contest: what is the best fishing TOWN...to include a broad array of considerations including quality of fishing, quantity of top notch options- both species present and locations (i.e. rivers streams and lake), AND -this is a big one- the town support in terms of water access, marinas, fishing related business and amenities catering to fisherman, and govt and other local support (tourism $$ aimed at fishing, chamber of commerce support, number of local fisherman etc etc).

If we here in upstate really want to compete nationally vs. debate amongst ourselves, then put together a REAL and comprehensive value proposition on why our choice is the BEST choice for the nation to vote for.

Just my .02

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png