I am looking for a cheap 4 cyl car. Does not need to be fancy, but must run. I am tired of these gas prices. My wife drives 160 miles and I drive 150 the other direction. The old trail blazer is drinking way to much fuel. We are now hitting the $1500 per month range just for the cost of gas.

Let me know

Thanks Tim.

WOW! That puts a damper on discretionary spending like buying fishing goodies and going on a nice trip fishing...yuk. to listen to the economists talk ..you would never know you had to change your American life style.

Wish I could help in the little car dept....maybe it would be cost effective to actually consider a new one when maybe you could save half or better on the fuel cost.....750 dollars a month in fuel savings could pay for a new car with warranty and insurance and still have money left over.

But isn't this the plan to ignore the cost at the pump and coerce the public into buying fuel efficient "little" cars and ride the bus?

Like Europeans do? American way of life almost history. :thinking:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We need the trail blazer because it seats 7 (5 kids and its paid off). With a state hiring freeze neither my wife or I can relocate closer. We both could work 10 miles from home if we could transfer. Oh well What can we do.. I really hope those don't know crap politicians do not act on the miliage tax. If that happens we both may have to quit our jobs. Combined we drive over 100,000 miles per year and that is just to and from work. I got my car inspected on 9/1/10 and it had 111,000 miles, currently I it's at 159,000 and still going.

Like I said I am looking for a 4 cyl just to get back and forth to work. I do not want to add on a car payment.

tim